• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Alvaro Morata.

2 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Exaggeration? I think not. Morata is the definition of mediocre, and has been over hyped for YEARS. We were never going to fair well from this transfer and I made it quite known how ill suited he was from the get go. He was promising at 22 years old, he's 26 now and has arguably regressed as a player since. 

We paid (stupidly) £60m for a CF who couldn't establish himself at his two previous clubs despite plenty of opportunities, had routinely struggled for goals and consistently, had attitude issues, utilised every excuse under the sun, and had only managed a double figured return ONCE prior to joining us - at Real Madrid of all places, where the bulk of his goals came against bottom table sides, while served on a silver platter for him by those around him who had done all the hard work. 

Glenn Murray scored 12 goals last season in a newly promoted team at the age of 34. He currently has 7 goals this season at 35 years old. While doing so with a better shots on target rate. 

Maybe Glenn Murray doesn't tickle your fancy, that's fine. The likes of Troy Deeney, Callum Wilson, Marko Arnautovic, Charlie Austin, and alike could all offer a similar level of production and performance for a fraction of the cost. I'd even argue a couple of those may fair better, particularly with increased quality around them. 

Wilson scored again tonight

Jasonb   

I fancy Callum Wilson might do well for us though we might need to 'break the bank' in January to bring him to us,  Bournemouth will want a top fee in January to get a decent replacement.

The others I feel do not suit our style though Glenn Murray has caught my eye yet Brighton's survival largely depends on his finishing.

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

I fancy Callum Wilson might do well for us though we might need to 'break the bank' in January to bring him to us,  Bournemouth will want a top fee in January to get a decent replacement.

The others I feel do not suit our style though Glenn Murray has caught my eye yet Brighton's survival largely depends on his finishing.

I think the board will want to recoup some of the 100m they have splashed out on strikers over the past couple of season before they take the plunge again. Anyway they hired a coach who said his job is to improve the squad to given to him by the board. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

15 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Exaggeration? I think not. Morata is the definition of mediocre, and has been over hyped for YEARS. We were never going to fair well from this transfer and I made it quite known how ill suited he was from the get go. He was promising at 22 years old, he's 26 now and has arguably regressed as a player since. 

We paid (stupidly) £60m for a CF who couldn't establish himself at his two previous clubs despite plenty of opportunities, had routinely struggled for goals and consistently, had attitude issues, utilised every excuse under the sun, and had only managed a double figured return ONCE prior to joining us - at Real Madrid of all places, where the bulk of his goals came against bottom table sides, while served on a silver platter for him by those around him who had done all the hard work. 

Glenn Murray scored 12 goals last season in a newly promoted team at the age of 34. He currently has 7 goals this season at 35 years old. While doing so with a better shots on target rate. 

Maybe Glenn Murray doesn't tickle your fancy, that's fine. The likes of Troy Deeney, Callum Wilson, Marko Arnautovic, Charlie Austin, and alike could all offer a similar level of production and performance for a fraction of the cost. I'd even argue a couple of those may fair better, particularly with increased quality around them. 

The bolded names are simply lauhable suggestions. Too old or not good enough describes them well. 

xCELERYx   
9 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

The bolded names are simply lauhable suggestions. Too old or not good enough describes them well. 

No where did I say we should sign them. I said that these players offers similar, if not more production and impact than what Morata does and would have cost a fraction of the price. We could have signed one of those and not faired any worse than we are now. Which was the ultimate point being made.

Ham   

This Joker is beyond bad.  Absolutely anybody in his place please. 

chara   

As an ex-Morata wisher I think I have given him enough time to get it right...tried to watch his  movement during non attack in final third..never quite seemed to be able to close down anyone and seemed to be just those few yards away from influencing anything..at least Costa kept defenders "honest" just by being there as a threat..Morata?....said it before..frightens nobody and looked to me as if all the Wolves defenders treated him as a joke and bullied him at every chance,,I say bullied..not physically so much as pressure and looks.....Oh My...

12 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I think the board will want to recoup some of the 100m they have splashed out on strikers over the past couple of season

They'll be lucky!

12 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Anyway they hired a coach who said his job is to improve the squad to given to him by the board. 

Now, I think, he understands how well that's working out. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

This Joker is beyond bad.  Absolutely anybody in his place please. 

This. i don't care if we have to give him away, just get him out of the joint before he stinks it up any more. Oh, and a big thanks to Marina.....:)