• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Alvaro Morata.

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Mindblowing! 

Morata out for up to six weeks. Plan B? Oh yeah, we decided we didn't need a plan B back in May.

I can hear Nobly chewing away on his Kits Kats in a real frenzy! 

Not only that but we've gone into a season where our biggest rivals have both spent another £200m each , whilst with the sale of Diego we're I believe in credit now and we have Hazard , Bakayoko and Drinkwater coming off injuries.

Someone really should be paying for this mess.

paulw66   
51 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Not only that but we've gone into a season where our biggest rivals have both spent another £200m each , whilst with the sale of Diego we're I believe in credit now and we have Hazard , Bakayoko and Drinkwater coming off injuries.

what have other teams budget got to do with what we have to spend?

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think we have to redefine what we mean by Rivals here.  So why I entirely agree that that the club just can't count players, I don't think we would ever consider matching Man U and City in terms of spending.  They just have so much more cash to spend than we do.  In Man U's case it is actually mostly their legit revenue.  In City's case (and likewise PSG)* it is driven by incredible sunk costs and almost zero success to date - Double up or pull out is the choice.

Our rivals are clubs on "just big" budgets -  Liverpool, Arsenal, and Juve not far behind.  Those above are at a different level (as are Spurs and those behind)

image.thumb.png.a86010aa9e5b7a500abf39df1d618e42.png

BTW - look at Man U - jumping in revenues from EUR 520mn to EUR 689mn - in what was another poor year for them, another manager sacked.  Imagine their results for last year when they won 2 (minor) titles. 

*  City - This is the 10th season that Abu Dhabi have owned City.  2 PL titles, 1 FAC, 2 LC,  a single CL semifinal and just 3 other times stopping at the last 16.

PSG, believe it or not failed to win their own domestic league last season.  knocked out in the QFs of the CL for 4 seasons running then in the last 16 last year.

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I feel sure the Blame storming has begun (internally).  They can't sack JM this time around.

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'd hate to be your husband.  (edit: or did I read that the wrong way?)

Edited by Droy was my hero

35 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Paul, essentially we've spent nothing , we sold players and kept the money , meanwhile we are bare minimum a proper lwb and proper CF short and are expecting Azpi to cover for Moses and Alonso whilst playing every minute of every game.

The budget is irrelevant , the amount of players that Conte has to choose from compared with Jose and Pep is not. 

xCELERYx   
8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Paul, essentially we've spent nothing , we sold players and kept the money , meanwhile we are bare minimum a proper lwb and proper CF short and are expecting Azpi to cover for Moses and Alonso whilst playing every minute of every game.

The budget is irrelevant , the amount of players that Conte has to choose from compared with Jose and Pep is not. 

We'll, we've not spent nothing per say. We've got wages to consider, including the expensive re-signing of Hazard. We've got a stadium that's got to be paid for somehow. So, while we've offset a lot of our spending on transfer by sales, we're still spending money. How the club wishes to delegate their overall budget is going to change club to club per circumstances.

And to be fair, we did try to spend more by reports on a number of players and were either priced out of a deal, the player chose to move elsewhere, or the club of the player targeted not wanting to sell. Can't do much about some of that.

Although I do agree overall we could and do need a few extra players in certain positions.

Ham   

Alvaro is targeting a return against Palace. He seems to think his injury isn't so bad. The club are getting a second opinion. 

#prayformorata

12 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm all for criticizing the board heavily for the current state of the squad (and I have been doing so for a long time now) but really we do have Zappacosta and the decision to play Alonso into the ground and to switch Dave out to RB rather than start Zappacosta is IMO all down to Conte. The same as the decision to look past Michy and choose NOT to instill confidence in him.

On 03/10/2017 at 11:36 AM, Sleeping Dave said:

Mindblowing! 

Morata out for up to six weeks. Plan B? Oh yeah, we decided we didn't need a plan B back in May.

I can hear Nobly chewing away on his Kits Kats in a real frenzy! 

Oh Dave you have no idea. Never mind eh , January transfer window in 3 months. By then of course we will be in 6th place  and out of title race but fighting Arsenal and Liverpool for 4th , we will always have the Europa Cup to cheer us up having finished 3rd in our CL group, losing to Roma home and away (no striker ya see) and of course losing toAMadrid at home (Diego giving us all a one finger salute and causing a riot which will get banned from Europe for 5 years). We will have got a creditable away draw away at Carrier Bag though so :) 

Anyone know the name of any really good happy pills that you can get from an on-line pharmacist? The kit kats just aint working anymore.