• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Alvaro Morata.

One of the more bizarre angles of criticism this summer came from people using the fact he scored goals against mid to lower Spanish sides to actually form an argument against him (stats padding/anyone can score those goals, etc).

Real Madrid could have done with someone getting a few against Girona, Levante and Real Betis this season.

7 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

One of the more bizarre angles of criticism this summer came from people using the fact he scored goals against mid to lower Spanish sides to actually form an argument against him (stats padding/anyone can score those goals, etc).

Real Madrid could have done with someone getting a few against Girona, Levante and Real Betis this season.

I'm sure United fans are also happy to see the 1-1 games of last season against mid- to lower placed teams has transformed to clear wins due to Lukaku's goals. 

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I'm sure United fans are also happy to see the 1-1 games of last season against mid- to lower placed teams has transformed to clear wins due to Lukaku's goals. 

Well, quite. Although I still have doubts about him at the top level. Meanwhile, Morata has turned from golden boy to "Torres Mark II" in the space of a month.

Shocking misses on Saturday and last night. Saturday's could have been costly, and yesterday's was. 

29 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Well, quite. Although I still have doubts about him at the top level. Meanwhile, Morata has turned from golden boy to "Torres Mark II" in the space of a month.

Shocking misses on Saturday and last night. Saturday's could have been costly, and yesterday's was. 

I think he's been rushed back far too soon and is terrified of really doing his hammy and it's badly affecting his confidence, last two games he's been awful.

I didn't think he was that bad yesterday (and Bats was a step down).  But Clive Walker on CTV had a match long moan about him.
I agree with Zaffo - they both offer something different to what we expect from a CF.  I just don't understand why we bought him and rely on Bats as No2 when clearly the manager expects the same as we do.

At the end of the day he is our No1 striker and that's not going to change in the foreseable future.

Keeping my fingers crossed he has a blinder on Sunday, along with the rest of the team.

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

At the end of the day he is our No1 striker and that's not going to change in the foreseable future.

Keeping my fingers crossed he has a blinder on Sunday, along with the rest of the team.

He is our number one striker and we do have to cross our fingers because we have no one else.

Is this how Champions defend a title, on a wing and a prayer. I wish the lad well but he is feeling the pressure and history says that his form ebbs and flows like the tides. 

I'll say it till I'm blue in the face but we faffed around for months with Llorente and then stood and watched as Spurs bought him as their back up on the final day. There is no excuse. Absolutely none.

3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Is this how Champions defend a title, on a wing and a prayer.

Well it's certainly how we defend our title. 

2006-07 (we had massive investments leading up to that season but entered the season with only two CBs- JT and Ricky), 2010-11, 2015-16 and 2017-18. 

5 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Well it's certainly how we defend our title. 

2006-07 (we had massive investments leading up to that season

h only two CBs- JT and Ricky), 2010-11, 2015-16 and 2017-18. 

And 3 CFS after going to 2 starting CFS half way though the previous season and buying Sheva.  Sheva, Drogba and Kalou!.

7 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

but entered the season with only two CBs- JT and Ricky

Well at least we have never been short of CBs ever since.