• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea sign Alvaro Morata.

morata-is-a-blue.img.png

Morata is a Blue

NEWSFRI 21 JUL 2017

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce Alvaro Morata has completed his move from Real Madrid on a five-year-deal.

Morata will now join up with the squad on its pre-season tour of Asia.

A strong, quick and skilful forward adept at leading the line and bringing his team-mates into play, Morata’s movement on and off the ball make him a constant threat to opposition defenders, whether he is running at speed from deep or looking to strike in the 18-yard box.

His goals come in all forms - outstanding long-range efforts, poachers’ finishes, headers and one-on-ones. He is also comfortable on either foot.

Upon completing his transfer, Morata said: ‘I am so happy to be here. It’s an incredible emotion to be part of this big club. I am looking to work hard, score as many goals as I can and to win as many trophies as possible.’

Technical director Michael Emenalo added: ‘We are delighted to complete Alvaro’s signing and welcome him to the club. We believe he can make a great impact for Chelsea and look forward to seeing him in action.

‘Alvaro has proven class at the highest level and his quality will be a huge asset to Antonio and the squad.’

A regular for Spain, the 24-year-old has scored nine goals in 20 appearances - including three at last year’s European Championships.

Morata made his debut for Real Madrid shortly after his 18th birthday having impressed for their youth teams and began to feature regularly during the 2012/13 campaign. He provided a fine assist for Karim Benzema in an El Clasico victory that season, as well as scoring his first goal for the club - a winner at Levante.

In the next campaign, Morata scored eight league goals, averaging one every 70 minutes under the stewardship of former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti. He also opened his Champions League account that year as Real won the trophy for the 10th time. In the final, Morata was introduced with his side a goal down; they ended up beating their great city rivals Atletico 4-1.

Juventus moved to sign the striker in the summer of 2014 and he was a regular as they continued their dominance of Italian football, comfortably winning Serie A in 2015 and 2016, with Morata prominent. He also helped them reach the Champions League final in his first season in Turin, but this time the Spaniard ended up on the losing side despite equalising from close range against Barcelona in Berlin.

Real exercised a buyback option last summer and he enjoyed the most profitable season of his career to date on his return to the Bernabeu, scoring 20 goals in all competitions and winning La Liga and the Champions League, when he came on as a late substitute against his former club.

Welcome to Chelsea, Alvaro! 

Welcome indeed!

conte--morata-the-right-man.img.png

Conte: Morata the right man

NEWSFRI 21 JUL 2017

Antonio Conte has spoken for the first time about Alvaro Morata, whose transfer from Real Madrid was confirmed on Friday.

It is too late for the Spain striker to appear in the game against Arsenal in Beijing’s Bird’s Nest, where Conte was speaking on the eve of the game, but the manager is keen to welcome Morata into his squad.

‘I think for sure he is good signing for us,’ said Conte. ‘Morata is a young player who has a lot of experience. He has played with Real Madrid and Juventus and has a lot of experience for the league and also in the Champions League.’

Conte was asked about the size of transfer fees and he labelled the current transfer market a ‘crazy market’, highlighting a selection of fees paid across the board for strikers this summer and pointing out that in order to buy a ‘simple, normal player’ a club has to think about spending 40 to 50 million euro.

‘This is the situation now,’ he continued, ‘we have to live with it and you must be very good and don’t make mistakes when you buy because you have to spend a lot of money and it is very important your choice. Morata for sure is a first-choice [for team selection] a good striker and a player with the right prospects for Chelsea. He is very young, for sure he can improve a lot and I hope to show his value with us.’

On the subject of Diego Costa, Conte said: ‘I don’t like to talk about a player when they don’t stay here, the only things I can tell you is in January the Costa situation was very clear for the club, for him and for his agent, and the situation is closed.’

I have to be honest , I preferred Belotti , however , if you watch that YouTube video (I know , I know) the boy can certainly play .

Welcome Alvaro , I'm sure we'll be going places together.

Absolutely delighted he's signed. Out of the candidates seemingly 'available' he was the stand-out candidate by some distance for me. 

As a footballer he's head and shoulders above Belotti, Lukau and PEA. 

If he can start scoring with some regularity, he'll be a world class striker. In this market, £58m is not a bad deal. 

can't wait to see him in blue. 

35 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

On the subject of Diego Costa, Conte said: ‘I don’t like to talk about a player when they don’t stay here, the only things I can tell you is in January the Costa situation was very clear for the club, for him and for his agent, and the situation is closed.’

Interesting comment here. 

Even more so when you consider how Conte managed the situation when it arrived mid-season. 

xCELERYx   

I see the official site got a little creative and skewed a few key points with their introduction/history. 

Nonetheless not my preferred signing and we definitely over paid for someone who's been a fringe player across two clubs. That said, Morata does offer some quality. I just severely hope he manages to find consistency and doesn't fade out of games as regularly as he has done in the past. Will also be interesting to see how he goes playing more minutes and not being that impact player against sides when they've fatigued. One thing for sure though, he'll need to work harder for his goals in the EPL. 

Fingers crossed he succeeds. 

Sea foot   

Welcome to the Pride of London Alvaro. You've got some big shoes to fill.

I'm sure you'll be a success. All you've got to do is work hard and we'll love you.

Kezza   

Bug shoes to fill indeed. I hope he has a bit of an aggressive and ruthless trait. At times he looks a bit moody and soft to me. Am not sure but hopefully he isn't passive like a certain Spanish striker we had previously! Could be a Spanish trait maybe. :)

Not to be negative but welcome Alvaro. He's also right now just in Singapore.