• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea sign Alvaro Morata.

Been a while since we have had a striker with his skillset and I can't help but feel that he will at the very least make us a lot more attractive in terms of going forward. 

I am very pleased to have him here and, though he doesnt possess the confidence of Romelu Lukaku, I can't help but grin that we got Morata instead as I think that Morata is by far the better player.

Welcome Alvaro.

Good signing this. He's someone Conte has wanted for several seasons and he's closer to the finished package now. Will be a step up for him in terms of responsibility and adjustment to the league, but he has all the attributes to succeed. He's a unit, with good technical ability and pace. Seems a team player so should fit in well.

With Morata and Michy, we have two extremely talented strikers to rely upon for the long term. Exciting times. 

xCELERYx   

One thing he'll need to do is watch his discipline. I know from his time at Juve that he had a tendency to pick up his share of bookings. Appears he picked up 8 yellow's last season by the looks of it. 

11 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

One thing he'll need to do is watch his discipline. I know from his time at Juve that he had a tendency to pick up his share of bookings. Appears he picked up 8 yellow's last season by the looks of it. 

As long as he doesn't get himself sent off I don't mind our striker showing a bit of aggression and being a general nuisance. Certainly worked for Costa who whilst universally hated was also respected as a great player who anyone would want leading their line. Even when off form you could count on him to tread on a few toes and occupy two centre backs. 

Edited by samhoward17

Alvaro Morata signed for Chelsea on Friday, arrived in Singapore on Saturday, trained for the first time with the squad on Sunday and on Monday, our new no.9 sat down to speak with the official Chelsea website.

Antonio Conte has reported it is in his plans to involve the Spanish international in Tuesday’s game against Bayern Munich and Morata talks about that prospect, about working under the Italian and about a long-held ambition realised…

IT WAS QUITE A RECEPTION YOU RECEIVED AT THE AIRPORT WHEN YOU ARRIVED IN SINGAPORE AT THE WEEKEND…

‘I was very happy when I arrived here and there were many supporters asking for my signature. I am very happy because it is my first travel with Chelsea and I am so proud for the support.’ 

YOU WERE SET TO PLAY THE FIRST FOOTBALL GAME HELD IN THE SINGAPORE NATIONAL STADIUM WHEN IT OPENED IN 2014 BUT IN THE END YOU COULD NOT…

‘Yes, I had an injury and I did not come here with Juventus. Finally, I am here and I hope to play tomorrow.’

TELLS US ABOUT ANTONIO CONTE BECOMING YOUR MANAGER FOR A SECOND TIME, WITH HIM HAVING FIRST SIGNED YOU SHORTLY BEFORE HE LEFT JUVENTUS TO BECOME ITALY MANAGER…

‘I know Antonio wanted me in the past and I really want to work with Antonio, and finally destiny put us together. I can’t wait to play for him and for Chelsea and to win together.

‘It was disappointing in 2014 when he went to Italy, but I played well and had a good year at Juventus, but I really want to work with this coach and finally I can.

‘I know his work, the staff. I know it is a lot of tactics and I really like this game and I know how to play with this system.’

YOU SAID IN THE RECENT PAST IF YOU LEFT REAL MADRID IT WOULD BE FOR A PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB AND YOU SOUNDED PRETTY CERTAIN ABOUT THAT…

‘It is the perfect situation. I decided to play in the Premier League and I want to play in Antonio’s team. Now I need to work hard, score goals and to play well for the team. There are very good players here and I think we can do something amazing this year.

‘It is hard to leave Madrid but it is not so hard when you come to a club like Chelsea, with these players and with this coach, and I think we can play against Real Madrid and Barcelona and win.’ 

WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT THE PREMIER LEAGUE?

‘When I was little I watched with my dad and it is incredible, a lot of goals and fast matches and I really want to play here. When I was little I saw Didier Drogba, Andriy Shevchencko, Fernando Torres and thought probably in a few years I will take this place, and now it is the dream to take the Chelsea number 9 shirt. I can’t wait to play at Stamford Bridge and in the Premier League.’

WHAT WAS IT LIKE TRAINING AT COBHAM BEFORE FLYING TO ASIA?

‘I did one session and it was perfect for training, a fantastic atmosphere, very green, all the Chelsea people are friendly and I feel at home since the first day.’ 

THAT WILL BE HELPED BY KNOWING SEVERAL OF THE SQUAD FROM SPAIN…

‘For me it is very good I have many Spanish players here but I think I need to speak a lot with the other team-mates to learn good English!’

YOUR ENGLISH SOUNDS GOOD. HASN’T IT BEEN HELPED BY VISITING FAMILY IN AMERICA?

‘Yes, but only little things like give me a pizza or a drink! I need to improve.’

UNFORTUNATELY, ONE OF YOUR SPAIN TEAM-MATES PEDRO IS NOT HERE IN SINGAPORE TO SAY HELLO AGAIN…

‘I don’t like this situation but fortunately it is not too serious a thing. We want Pedro back because he is an amazing player and a great team-mate.’

CESAR AZPILICUETA AND MARCOS ALONSO HAVE TOLD US THIS WEEK YOU ARE QUICK, STRONG AND SCORE IMPORTANT GOALS

‘Maybe. I hope so. I hope to play quick and strong and score some goals. I want to play like this.’ 

ARE YOU READY PHYSICALLY TO PLAY AGAINST BAYERN MUNICH TOMORROW?

‘I am in good condition. I have made a long travel and am a little bit tired, but when I put the shirt on it doesn’t matter. I want to play and I want to score and I want to give everything on the pitch.’

Couldnt have enjoyed playing in that lone striker role today. He is a big guy and all, but he wont battle to hold up possession the way DD or Costa did. In addition to Tottenhams press, there wasnt any real quality in possession for us.

I reckon he will improve with better players around him in terms of quality (Fabregas and Hazard) but we are a side that has predominantly relied on the out-ball and I think he will struggle in that regard away from home/against big sides unless we change that approach a bit under Conte.

The positive for him really has to be how unconvincing Michy is at the same time. Still, I think he will be a great addition to us because he has so many qualities like pace, technical ability, intelligence... Just a matter of us playing to his strengths a bit more in the future.

13 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Couldnt have enjoyed playing in that lone striker role today. He is a big guy and all, but he wont battle to hold up possession the way DD or Costa did. In addition to Tottenhams press, there wasnt any real quality in possession for us.

I reckon he will improve with better players around him in terms of quality (Fabregas and Hazard) but we are a side that has predominantly relied on the out-ball and I think he will struggle in that regard away from home/against big sides unless we change that approach a bit under Conte.

The positive for him really has to be how unconvincing Michy is at the same time. Still, I think he will be a great addition to us because he has so many qualities like pace, technical ability, intelligence... Just a matter of us playing to his strengths a bit more in the future.

He he is unable to cope with the physicality, then he is liable to lose his place to Tammy  after a year.
Haven't watched full games of Tammy before, but he looked very strong against Jones and Bailly despite not getting much opportunity.

xCELERYx   
3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Exactly why I preferred Belotti. Morata, despite his size and frame isn't exactly the target man CF type to lead the line on his own - hence why he's often struggled when he's been asked to do this in the past. His game is more about getting the ball in deeper areas with some space, turning, and then running forward, rather than playing with back to goal. He also doesn't have the workrate of someone like Costa who is going to close down. 

He's got a lot of learning to do if he wants to lead the line for us in the EPL and first port of call is being more consistent with his performances. Even if he isn't scoring goals, the effort still needs to be there. Completely understand he lacks fitness and it has shown, so he'll get a grace period on that front. But if we can actually sign someone like Belotti, who actually plays the role and knows its demands, it will only improve us further.

Agree completely with above posts .