• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea sign Alvaro Morata.

11 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

But if we can actually sign someone like Belotti, who actually plays the role and knows its demands, it will only improve us further.

Well, at least w've been trying (apparently). I think that we'll need to meet his buy out clause if we really want him though. And even at that price he'd be excellent value for money, imo.

As for Morata, I have little doubt that he'll learn and improve - he just needs to be given some time. The prospect of Morata and Belotti up front together is very, very appealing...:).

xCELERYx   
31 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well, at least w've been trying (apparently). I think that we'll need to meet his buy out clause if we really want him though. And even at that price he'd be excellent value for money, imo.

As for Morata, I have little doubt that he'll learn and improve - he just needs to be given some time. The prospect of Morata and Belotti up front together is very, very appealing...:).

Can only hope that's true. His release will need to be met, won't move otherwise. However, if there's one player I think that would be worth it, it would be him. The potential of having both Belotti and Morata upfront together would be very tasty.

2 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Exactly why I preferred Belotti. Morata, despite his size and frame isn't exactly the target man CF type to lead the line on his own - hence why he's often struggled when he's been asked to do this in the past. His game is more about getting the ball in deeper areas with some space, turning, and then running forward, rather than playing with back to goal. He also doesn't have the workrate of someone like Costa who is going to close down. 

He's got a lot of learning to do if he wants to lead the line for us in the EPL and first port of call is being more consistent with his performances. Even if he isn't scoring goals, the effort still needs to be there. Completely understand he lacks fitness and it has shown, so he'll get a grace period on that front. But if we can actually sign someone like Belotti, who actually plays the role and knows its demands, it will only improve us further.

Conte may be looking to get away from that whole battering ram type CF. Belloti is a good player as well but we can easily get more out of Morata by working on our possession game a bit more and saving the cash we would otherwise spend on Belotti.

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

He he is unable to cope with the physicality, then he is liable to lose his place to Tammy  after a year.
Haven't watched full games of Tammy before, but he looked very strong against Jones and Bailly despite not getting much opportunity.

Best hold all thoughts on Tammy until he actually starts scoring goals. I managed to catch the United game as well and wasnt very impressed overall. We have got quite a few interesting loanees to keep an eye on in the Prem, haven't we..

xCELERYx   
7 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Conte may be looking to get away from that whole battering ram type CF. Belloti is a good player as well but we can easily get more out of Morata by working on our possession game a bit more and saving the cash we would otherwise spend on Belotti.

Belotti isn't really a battering ram sort of player though. He's shorter than Morata, but it's his style of play that suits more to that lone forward role, but equally as usable with a partner. Obtaining Belotti wouldn't mean we'd switch back to they style. He'd just give us a quality forward comfortable and adapt to the lone striker role, while also being one that could be utilised alongside Morata if desired too. 

7 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Best hold all thoughts on Tammy until he actually starts scoring goals. I managed to catch the United game as well and wasnt very impressed overall. We have got quite a few interesting loanees to keep an eye on in the Prem, haven't we..

He was getting into positions but always seemed to be a second behind the play, seems like the instinct and positioning is there and he has all the physical attributes required hopefully he can adapt to the pace of the league. If he does should have a cracking prospect on our hands. Not many other 19 year olds coming straight from the championship are starting up front against United to be fair to the lad.

It's seems to have gone a little unnoticed with the media and even some fans but I believe he now has 5 goals and 4/5 assists in 5 games for club and country. 

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:11 PM, Martin1905 said:

It's seems to have gone a little unnoticed with the media and even some fans but I believe he now has 5 goals and 4/5 assists in 5 games for club and country. 

Let keep the secret to ourselves and let the Media contnue to think that Lukaku is the Dogs Bo**ocks