• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea sign Alvaro Morata.

Also he's played less than 300 minutes so that's a goal or an assist every 30/40 minutes, depending on how many assists he has, can't find a definitive answer.

Just think how good he will be when Hazrad slots in next to him.

On 9/7/2017 at 2:42 PM, Martin1905 said:

Just think how good he will be when Hazard slots in next to him.

yep exciting

Looks like we have ourselves a World class striker. The finish for his second today was sublime.

37 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I don't think we can call him world class yet - he's only scored goals with his head and right foot. 

It's far more than just his goals though.

I've watched him play every minute of every game he has played for us in the flesh.

He's as good as any centre forward I have seen in recent years. 

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

It's far more than just his goals though.

I've watched him play every minute of every game he has played for us in the flesh.

He's as good as any centre forward I have seen in recent years. 

agreed but there will be one or two familiar names disagreeing with you here before long

xCELERYx   
12 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Looks like we have ourselves a World class striker. The finish for his second today was sublime.

He's always been a good finisher around goal. That second goal was up there with one of his best. Although I felt he struggled for a bit after his initial goal early on. He wasn't strong enough in his attempts of holding the ball up and found himself being muscled off the ball easily. Also needs to get his head up more and make better passing decisions once he does gain possession. A few cheap turnovers saw the ball come straight back and didn't allow our midfield or defence to push back up the pitch, giving Stoke some good areas to work in and plenty of space. I think the next few weeks will be hugely important for him though. We've got some good opposition in big games, so he's going to have to work harder and value possession a bit more than he has done so far. Won't get it this easy against more organised defences. Certainly positive signs so far however. 

2 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

He's always been a good finisher around goal. That second goal was up there with one of his best. Although I felt he struggled for a bit after his initial goal early on. He wasn't strong enough in his attempts of holding the ball up and found himself being muscled off the ball easily. Also needs to get his head up more and make better passing decisions once he does gain possession. A few cheap turnovers saw the ball come straight back and didn't allow our midfield or defence to push back up the pitch, giving Stoke some good areas to work in and plenty of space. I think the next few weeks will be hugely important for him though. We've got some good opposition in big games, so he's going to have to work harder and value possession a bit more than he has done so far. Won't get it this easy against more organised defences. Certainly positive signs so far however. 

I think you are being incredibly harsh and it feels like you may not appreciate him very much due to your history with him. Something I think stems from his time at Juve when he was a 21 year old kid where everyone knew he wouldn't stay on past his second Juve season. 

I do agree he was a bit subdued from min 20-35 in the first half. But that had more to do with us playing an ultra counter-attacking style with virtually no support whatsoever for Morata. Had Stoke equalised in that time frame I'm not sure we'd would have gone on to win the game. Instead they made a mistake and Pedro scored the second out of nothing. 

His second goal was immense. Diego would have struggled to replicate that goal and running against defenders battling is supposed to be his strength. 

I was extremely pro signing Alvaro this summer. Heads and shoulders my preferred striker option. Now that I've seen him play for us, I'm not sure I'd prefer many strikers to him to be perfectly honest. Of course a Neymar, Mbappe, Messi etc are better players but for us, in our system, I don't think any of them would be better. He's also only 24 so a lot of the established household names fall off due to their age. Aguero is one such example. I struggle to see a better striker in the PL. 

Getting him for £58m+add-ons is a steal.