• Current Donation Goals

danmelt   

Alright everyone, I'm a jock Glasgow Rangers fan and Chelsea is my "other team", looking forward to some laughs and a bit of banter with you southern bluenoses.

Edited by danmelt

Ham   

Welcome.  Been to Ibrox many times over the years.

I remember am amazing game years ago in the Champions League versus a very very strong Parma side.  What an atmosphere. 

Also went to the Rangers v Chelsea pre season friendly a few years ago. Had a great weekend, what I can remember if it. 

Here's to better times for Rangers. 

4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

There's obviously a connection between Chelsea and Rangers but can someone tell me where it stems from?

All I can think of is that we , way back in the fifties played in the same strip as them and IIRC transferred a load of players from them and Scotland as a whole just previous to us winning our first league winners trophy. 

Maybe its that?

On 04/08/2017 at 6:44 AM, Mark Kelly said:

All I can think of is that we , way back in the fifties played in the same strip as them and IIRC transferred a load of players from them and Scotland as a whole just previous to us winning our first league winners trophy. 

Maybe its that?

Maybe. I know that we have always had strong scottish connections (the mears family were scottish or scots linked I think) and we have always bought a lot of scottish players from various clubs but the Rangers thing alludes me.

Jasonb   

I think it is more political in that Rangers tended to be mostly Prots and against the IRA and Chelsea were mainly patriotic and also against the IRA due to Irish attacks on the mainland. So when a lot of Scots came down South for work the Prots headed for Chelsea.

And of course we both played in blue that might have helped too.

Just a thought.

JaneB   

Welcome :-)