• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Burnley 3

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our opening Premier League match of the 2017/2018 season against Burnley at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday, 12th August, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Conte will need to think long and hard deciding who to offer up for ritual disemboweling at the hands of the slaughterhouse eleven.

I'm guessing he'll choose the usual suspects seeing as he's no choice whatsoever with Musonda for Hazard and Fabregas for Matic.

They'll kick , punch ,gouge , poke , trip and butt without censure

and we'll get someone sent off for dissent.

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

^^^^^^

Our resident little ray of sunshine.

Watch this space my friend , watch this space , for what it's worth I think we'll win but it'll be a Pyrrhic victory. I'm just relieved Hazard will miss out on  having his leg kicked up his own arse.

Edited by Mark Kelly

jones   

Despite what some people say, unless FA has changed the rules since CS 2012 when Ivanovic got a straight red against City and played the PL opener, Pedro can start this match. 

I would love Conte to pull a little trick here. Burnley have been preparing for this match for 7-10 days. Expecting the usual 3-4-3 formation. Their two CBs will have prepared to meet either one of Morata or Batshuayi, and are getting ready to pack him in tight and use whatever little dirty trick available to them. But what if they met both?

Since Moses is missing this game as well, 4-2-4 is what makes perfect sense as well:

Courtois

Azpi - Luiz - Cahill - Alonso

Willian - Kante - Fabregas - Pedro

Batshuayi - Morata

(Could also change to 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with Pedro at RWB during the game if things don't work)

This formational change would also help us weaken the preparation for our next game away to Spurs. Tactical variation is a great weapon. Use it, Conte!

Bench: Caballero (GK) + Christensen, Rudiger, Musonda (very inexperienced first team players) + three youngsters. Thin.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Watch this space my friend , watch this space ,

I have been, Mark. For quite a while.

for what it's worth I think we'll win but it'll be a Pyrrhic victory.

How so?

I'm just relieved Hazard will miss out on  having his leg kicked up his own arse.

So really, you'd be happier if he didn't feature at all in the Prem?

Sorry Mark, but this is just a series of sound bites, that don't seem to mean very much at all.

3 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I have been, Mark. For quite a while.

How so?

So really, you'd be happier if he didn't feature at all in the Prem?

Sorry Mark, but this is just a series of sound bites, that don't seem to mean very much at all.

I have absolutely no faith in the abilities of the officials to protect our players from the cloggers in the Premier League , Spurs get away with murder every game and fly so far under the officials radar its ludicrous .

Burnley are a team of pumped up overly physical cart horses who if they expended half the energy they spend actively attempting to hurt the opposition on playing football they'd be much the better for it.

A phyrric victory in as much as , we have a thin , depleted squad , we cannot afford to have any more players out injured , playing Burnley and even more specifically the psychopathic Bardsley we will count ourselves lucky if we get away without a long term injury to our players , Dyche knows how piss poor the officials are , we witness it on a weekly basis , already this preseason we've had players booked for getting their faces caved in , Burnley will kick us off the park and hope to nick a goal.After relentless fouling whatever hapless referee we are given will book a Burnley player in the 93rd minute and think he's shown them all what a disciplinarian he is.

Just in time for round two with the Argentinian stylings of Spurs .

This is why I'm glad Hazard misses this game , he's the jewell in our crown and Burnley would be trying to hurt him , make clear the distinction , not get the ball off him, not intimidate him into playing poorly , hurt him.

And the referees will just wave them on to do it again whilst booking our players for dissent and simulation .

Hope thats clear.

3 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well, yes it is. I think that it's mostly paranoid nonsense, though. Sorry.

Lol , I hope you're right , I just don't trust the refs to do the job they're paid for though. 

I just found out I have severe high blood pressure , you'd never guess would you ?

Sciatika   

The thing that gets me is when I hear Burnley fans telling me how all the decisions go to the big clubs. I don't think refs are biased but most are homers and many frequently see "balancing it up" as part of their job description and so err on the side of allowing the lesser clubs to do what they like. I suppose they see it as keeping the league competitive.