Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Burnley 3

490 posts in this topic

Just now, jangz said:

Which is the one he could have done more in ??..

It was tongue in cheek. However, the fact remains he concedes an alarming amount of shots on target. Whilst he doesn't commit many (if any) clangers, could his positioning be the issue?

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally Courtois can't leave quick enough for my liking , horribly overrated.

And what's he done wrong exactly? Should have maybe done better for the first goal, although had it been struck cleanly it would have gone in the other direction. So can't fault him entirely for not saving it. 

The other goals he had little chance in stopping. Terrible defending in front of him. 

In response, we had a very small match day squad to begin with and we didn't need a dodgy ref to ruin our plan A when we had no plan B due to the board and injuries. 

Yes I blame the ref for setting the tone of the game.

I'll say it again, the Bellerin challenge last Sunday was given as a yellow.  It was far worse.

Just now, bluehorn said:

It was tongue in cheek. However, the fact remains he concedes an alarming amount of shots on target. Whilst he doesn't commit many (if any) clangers, could his positioning be the issue?

If you look at the kinds of goals we concede are majorly crosses and tap ins.. or set pieces I doubt anything he can do in these situations.. on the contrary his positioning reduces danger.

Well putting aside my views on the refereeing, even with 10 men this is completely unacceptable. There have been enough of us on this forum alone who saw this coming a mile off, it staggers me that the club have allowed us this be in this shape going into a title defence. Now my biggest concern is the atmosphere around the club, three goals in 45 minutes says a lot more than we were screwed by a ref. I've seen this sort of malaise before and we all know how that ended.

1 minute ago, Ham said:

In response, we had a very small match day squad to begin with and we didn't need a dodgy ref to ruin our plan A when we had no plan B due to the board and injuries. 

Yes I blame the ref for setting the tone of the game.

I'll say it again, the Bellerin challenge last Sunday was given as a yellow.  It was far worse.

I agree. Alonso's early booking set the tone of what was to come.

Well, I imagine that Zoowra is liking the look of his handicap bet on Burnley for the title even more now!

This is how it started in 2015/16. No squad and then a start where basically every decision went against us for a long run. 

It's not time to worry, it's time to absolutely panic. If the club doesn't act now, Conte won't be here in January. 

This is basically what I've been fearing all summer. People have ridiculed me but here we are. 

We have done it again. Absolutely unthinkable we could be this ****ing stupid but yeah, we ****ing are this stupid.

Time to ship the whole structure at the top of the club. Absolute amateurs. 

4 people like this

Forget about the board and forget about transfers. We are losing 3-0 to Burnley at home. The defending for the first and 3 goal is appalling. We started off very well. The minute Cahill got sent off we showed the lack of real leadership and lost our heads. That is the main reason we are losing a lack of compousure and players not playing our game. I have never seen a team be so immature when going down to 10 men. Started running into tackles and trying things we would not do if we had 11 men. Conte also made a blunder with the subs but this is really down to the team performance not the board or transfers. 

Said it last season we weren't as good as we performed. Originally predicted something inside the top 10 from memory and how much work our squad needed. Massively overachieved last year to win an unlikely title and now people are going to have this warped perception with their expectations. 

Didn't think we'd win the league this year and it once again should have been used to reshape the squad. Conte has tried this and the board have let him down in the market. If it continues, it will only draw our much needed rebuild out longer than necessary.