Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Burnley 3

490 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm going to go against the grain with the doom and gloom. Red card changed the game, yes we were very poor after the red card but first game of the season it took time for the players to get their heads in the game. I thought we were a lot better second half. With 11 men I'm confident we would have run out easy winners. Stud performance from Morata, goal and an assist on debut. 

However, Spurs next week is going to be tougher than ever now with no fabregas either. 

Edited by SS_89

Looking like selling of Matic too early too soon is already coming back to haunt us.

5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

There are no positives to be taken from this game whatsoever. None. And what is worse is that everyone could see this happening all summer except by those that matter. Unfortunately however I was assuming this was going to happen next weekend. Once again though its against a workmanlike team who play for each other

It is not the fault of the players as their respective characters are what they are. The point is that the board should recognise the fact that we have no ruthless players at the club. It should not just be about speed, passing and finishing. We have to look at the mental qualities of players as well.

This season is going to be nightmare and what is worse is that it is of our own making. The media is going to have a field day. God alone knows where this is going to end up. 2015 was awful, last season could have gone either way after the Arsenal game and now this. There is a trend here and the club needs to address it. Build a team. Build a squad.

No positives? Seriously? 

So we managed to come back even with 10 and 9 men. Just goes to show how we lost our heads when that red card went in. Even with 9 men we can beat Burnley. That first half is what cost us the game we completely collapsed. We should have gone in at HT 1-0 down and regrouped. Instead we lost compousure and lost our heads. Real lessons to be learned. I heard Morata was class. Bats was absolutely shocking in the 1st half.

Morata did well, I thought 

Losing the FA Cup final, then the community shield, now the first game at home to Burnley is a real bummer. A right old shock to the system today.

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

No positives? Seriously? 

Join the other ostriches on the board mate.

What on earth will our bench look like against Spurs LMFAO! 

Just now, Leo91 said:

What on earth will our bench look like against Spurs LMFAO! 

At the rate we're loaning out and buying replacements?

Empty

Honestly, I see positives coming out of this result. The fighting spirit this squad has is second to none. Very much could've tied this game and we have to consider that we have a thin squad, had a suspension and key injuries. With Pedro, Moses, Hazard and Bakayoko coming in plus some signings coming in, we will be in a good position to challenge. It really isn't all doom and gloom but yes, mistakes have been made already by the board.