Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Burnley 3

490 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, The Fab 4 said:

Courtois was left very exposed today by shoddy defending and short numbers.

Still think we're equipped with one of the top two keepers in the division

Not for me Clive , he's slow to get across the goal and goes down in instalments. He's a reasonable shot stopper and certainly has some big saves in his locker but I just don't rate him , which is just my opinion and I fully appreciate I'm on my own.  One man's meat etc ......... Oh and not holding him responsible for today's result.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Posted (edited)

Well well well.... 

Thought it would be extremely tight today, possibly even dropping points via a draw but in no way did I expect to be 3 nil down after half an hour.

My anger is divided in 3 ways to be honest. Firstly, the referee who was utterly horrendous today. Gave everything to them, and the sending offs weren't even the worst decisions he made. 

Secondly, Cahill. Club captain let the team  down today. Even though I don't personally think it was a Red, he gave the ref a decision to make and should've known better. 

Thirdly, the board/Conte for allowing us to be in this horrible mess. How they're allowing all these players to leave without replacements is such negligence.  You can't tell me that Chalobah/RLC/Palmer/Abraham/Ake wouldn't be useful right now. I mean, next week again Spurs is going to be a right laugh. 

Positives:  Fighting spirit to get it back to 2-3 with 9 men, Morata who was different beans, Rudiger, Christensen and Kante. 

Edited by Rob B

39 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Morata was absolute class.

Rudiger quality.

Christiansen very impressive.

Most corrupt performance from a ref you will see all season.

Only summary you need after this match. If there is anything to add: Willian put in a shift today.

Courtois hasn't been able to consistently put in assuring performances but he's still young especially for a goalie so I'm still hopeful. On that first goal I feel he could have done better. The second came almost at him though given the pace he can be excused. The third was too close and left him with little chance. 

Anyway , one massive positive is that Morata got a goal and an assist on his debut so that will shut up the Lukaku chorus in the meantime.

This game wasn't lost because of any lack of board purchases etc....an argument for another time.

The team that started was good enough to win the game......Ref was looking to "make a point" from the beginning..after the first yellow I thought Oh Oh Fabergas won't finish the game..... 

26 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'm turning everything on its head. Only our first game and home defeat out of the way.

I'm not going to let the media get to me, I respect very few of them especially ex players. 

I'm gutted obviously but determined not to overreact otherwise I'll be exhausted after a few games.

We are STILL the champions.....

Well said Jane. I never listen to any media pundits at all, it only damages your health.

And I also think that the fighting spirit we showed in battling back to 2-3, even when we had only 9 men, will serve us well from here on. Furthermore, Morata was top class and Christensen showed what you can get if you do give your young players a chance. I hope to see much more of him and it looks as though I'm going to!!

We still have other really good players to come back too and we must add 4 or so more before the end of the window I think.

Taint all doom and gloom yet.

Always been a Courtois "defender" but wish we had bought Pickford.

What's the punishment nowadays for deliberately putting the ball in the net with your hand? Just wondering. 

Thd biggest concern is when I looked at our bench at start of game. Moratta aside very weak compared with last season. And we had 2 players not good enough for the bench last season in the starting 11. Plenty of positives to take but we definitely need reinforcements before window closes