Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Burnley 3

490 posts in this topic

Yeah can't do anything when the ref wants to be the star of the show..

I thought we played well in the second half and showed a lot of character. The ref was against us, Heaton pulled off a couple of decent saves. Burnley was lucky in the end.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

You're fast becoming THE most negative energy on here. We know the board effed up before the game but we were absolutely screwed on every 50/50 decision today. 

There were a lot of positives there but I think you're more pleased that we lost so that you could keep whining incessantly. 

I think you'll find we weren't screwed. The referee got pretty much every decision correct. You can dress it up any way you like but the team lost its head in the first half (Conte's words not mine) and that is extremely worrying against a side like Burnley.

1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

I think you'll find we weren't screwed. The referee got pretty much every decision correct. You can dress it up any way you like but the team lost its head in the first half (Conte's words not mine) and that is extremely worrying against a side like Burnley.

The question is , will the referee act in the same way next time out ?

We both know that's a yellow card at Old Trafford and Anfield.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I am absolutely convinced that there is a subconscious bias .. for the past 2-3 years the number bad desicions we have had is not normal at all..

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

No idea. All I can go by is watching Chelsea TV and the commentators (with the benefit of multiple replays) were satisfied the cards were all deserved in the circumstances. No suggestion of a witch hunt against the club.

7 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

No idea. All I can go by is watching Chelsea TV and the commentators (with the benefit of multiple replays) were satisfied the cards were all deserved in the circumstances. No suggestion of a witch hunt against the club.

Am I right in thinking that you didn't even watch the game? 

The fact is Cahill put us in a tough spot. Yes we crumbled and yes the red was on the harsh side but as club captain now you need to show a bit more intelligence. A part of me hopes Christensen plays a blinder next week and keeps him out of the side. 

Look at 1 min 5 secs into this and the replay last Sunday. 

Yellow card? 

The club captain is also supposed to show commitment and passion, and being a defender he's supposed to try and tackle people. I'm far from Cahill's biggest fan but he's done nothing wrong today. Fabregas on the other hand was possibly lucky to only get a second yellow, those are they types of tackles that are on the borderline.

The FA should just ban all slide tackles and be done with it, at least players would know where they stand. One tackle is a red card, something similar or worse is let go, it's happening with alarming regularity.

That is no excuse for crumbling though I agree, that's where you miss players like Lampard, JT and Cole. While ago now but remember West Ham at home? Crazy old Maniche gets sent off, goal down....utterly battered them.