Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Burnley 3

490 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, chiswickblue said:

Conte says Pedro is out too. Presumably both Morata and Batshuauyi will start and we'll have no over 21 outfield players on the bench.

Remy?

I think Conte was late for the press conference as he had to run over to the other pitch to ask Joe Edwards if anyone from the development squad fancied a game tomorrow. 

Just now, chiswickblue said:

I think Conte was late for the press conference as he had to run over to the other pitch to ask Joe Edwards if anyone from the development squad fancied a game tomorrow. 

I've got my shinpads out from the shed. Just waiting on that call.

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Remy?

Can we risk him so soon after his last injury?

I see Super Frank is a free agent 

Wow, so no Hazard, Pedro, Moses or Baka.

Can only really be this team then...

Tibo;  Rudiger, Luiz, Cahill;  Azpi, Alonso, Fabregas, Kante;  Willian, Morata, Bats 

With a bench of...

Willy, Christensen, Tomori, Scott, Musonda, Boga, Remy. 

Be interesting to see what he does with regards to the subs if we need a spark with 20 minutes to go. 

Pedro out too?! This is getting ridiculous. 

Courtois - Rüdiger, Luiz, Cahill - Azpilicueta, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso - Willian, Batshuayi, Morata all 100 % nailed on to start.

Musonda and Christensen on the bench of course, and I guess four more academy players. Apart from Caballero, an entire Chelsea academy bench in a PL game? Christmas Eve for the "give youth a chance" brigade.

Wow. So Hazard, Bakayoko, Pedro and Moses all miss out. 

So starting XI and squad picks itself really...

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Rüdiger, Kanté, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Bats, Morata

Will be interesting to see whether we line up with a 343 or more of a 3412... Not entirely sure it's a given that Azpi will start at RWB, could see Rüdiger being employed there but time will tell I suppose. 

Bench non-existent... 

Caballero, Christensen, Musonda Jr., Boga, Tomori, Scott, Sterling/Wakefield? 

That bench is a disaster... But ultimately is a results of only having 15 senior outfield players. This is what a thin squad will do to you, especially when you have gotten rid of every single player who was good enough to be a squad player. 

Perhaps if Kenedy and Remy is still around and not on their way out on loan that they'll take up two bench positions? 

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Be interesting to see what he does with regards to the subs if we need a spark with 20 minutes to go. 

Light a fire?

Won't get much spark out of any of the bench 'options', that's for sure. 

1 person likes this

This has tight 1-1 or narrow victory to us written all over it. Let's just hope we can get any type of win here and hope things start to look more positive against Spurs the following week.

Think Burnley have made some astute signings for what is their financial level. I have actually had a few quid on them to win the league on the season handicap.