Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Burnley 3

490 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

This has tight 1-1 or narrow victory to us written all over it. Let's just hope we can get any type of win here and hope things start to look more positive against Spurs the following week.

Think Burnley have made some astute signings for what is their financial level. I have actually had a few quid on them to win the league on the season handicap.

who have they bought?

Just now, paulw66 said:

who have they bought?

Jack Cork to replace Barton. Jon Walters offers good PL experience and can chip in with 8-10 goals and Charlie Taylor is a decent young fullback from Leeds.

They lost best player in Keane and Gray a big loss, but brought nearl £50 million in from those and presume they will be looking for Gray replacement in next few days.

25 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Won't get much spark out of any of the bench 'options', that's for sure. 

So diluted it could be homeopathic.

One more injury or suspension in a key area and we're screwed.

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So diluted it could be homeopathic.

Wikipedia: "Some placebos are more effective than others. Large pills seem to work better than small pills, coloured pills work better than white pills, an injection is more powerful than a pill, and surgery gives a stronger placebo effect than injections do". 

Draw your own conclusions, but hope the placebo effect kicks in big time.

47 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Jack Cork to replace Barton. Jon Walters offers good PL experience and can chip in with 8-10 goals and Charlie Taylor is a decent young fullback from Leeds.

They lost best player in Keane and Gray a big loss, but brought nearl £50 million in from those and presume they will be looking for Gray replacement in next few days.

Bardsley , from Stoke too , a one man assault course.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Bardsley , from Stoke too , a one man assault course.

Yeah forgot about that aggro t**t! Complete knob, but probably a decent signing for small outlay from their perspective.

Great. So they've got Ashley "he's not that sort of player" Barnes and Phil "I'll break anything in my way" Bardsley? 

At this stage, I'd take a 1-1 if it meant no injuries. 

Jack Cork's a tidy player, I would have taken him quite happily as 4th choice, and while I'm thinking of it, I'd take Romeu too. 

1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Great. So they've got Ashley "he's not that sort of player" Barnes and Phil "I'll break anything in my way" Bardsley? 

At this stage, I'd take a 1-1 if it meant no injuries. 

That's what I said at the beginning of the post , if we can get through this without a major injury we'd have done well.

We all know Bardsley will kick anyone who goes near him and will eventually be booked in the 93rd minute by a ref who thinks he's done his job