Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Burnley 3

490 posts in this topic

If I were Burnley I'd clatter the wee lads Willian, Fabregas and Kante and roll over our bench. Press would have a field day, Conte will hand in his notice and the rest of the team will down tools (again).

I can't believe we're in this position after last season. Roman really should look at the team he employs at board level. We're an embarrassing disgrace of a club, no wonder no player worth his salt wants to come and play for us.

So what's everyone's thoughts on the result? 

Always hard to gauge the form of teams right at the start. Heart says we'll win with a convincing performance the brain is, perhaps, fearing the worst. 

With the squad we have right now, it can get real ugly real quick if we start badly and get another one to two key injuries... Well any injury really and the squad is exposed. 

Right now we have a cocktail of disaster brewing in the basement. Fingers crossed we bring in another four quality players within the next 20 days. One transfer every five days kind of thing. Come on Marina! Get busy!

2:0 to us. (Glass half full kind of guy.) 

Burnley at home. Let's get it started off right. 3-0 #carefree

^ Wow. I must still be in vacation mode. I was certain this was Burnley away... 

In that case I feel a little bit better about our prospects. 

Courtois, Alonso, Cahill, Luis, Rudiger, Azpi, Kante, Fabregas, Willian, Bats, Morata.

What else can it be?

And just had a call - I'm on the bench!

28 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Courtois, Alonso, Cahill, Luis, Rudiger, Azpi, Kante, Fabregas, Willian, Bats, Morata.

What else can it be?

You too? See you there

Imperative we win this, otherwise it feel like Swansea at home in August 2015

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

This is what a thin squad will do to you, especially when you have gotten rid of every single player who was good enough to be a squad player. 

Yep. I know I'm playing an old tune here, but I do feel we might have done more to keep Ake and Chalobah. I know they both asked to leave because they wanted to be playing, but couldn't we have persuaded them to stay by making it clear that they would be in the match day squad at least? With 4 competitions this season they'd be assured of starting a good number of games for us don't you think?

On the other hand, I imagine that the club did float that to them and it fell on stony ground I suppose.

4 hours ago, Zoowraa said:

This has tight 1-1 or narrow victory to us written all over it. Let's just hope we can get any type of win here and hope things start to look more positive against Spurs the following week.

Think Burnley have made some astute signings for what is their financial level. I have actually had a few quid on them to win the league on the season handicap.

Interesting bet Zoowra. What price did you get may I ask?

2 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

What else can it be?

Disgraceful! Why aren't you starting?

1 person likes this