• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our  Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00, Sunday, 20th August, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

I'm playing in this one lads , ill do my best but I am now on meds for hypertension so it'll be more Matic than Lampard I fear.

Ham   
8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm playing in this one lads , ill do my best but I am now on meds for hypertension so it'll be more Matic than Lampard I fear.

That kinda makes me your boss because I've agreed to manage from the touchline as Conte is also playing. 

Hope it won't be awkward Mark. 😞

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

That kinda makes me your boss because I've agreed to manage from the touchline as Conte is also playing. 

Hope it won't be awkward Mark. 😞

Ok. Just don't shout.

cii99mn1   

Who's available except Mark? Do I need a work visa if I'm from within the EU?

Seriously though, Kante can play CM together with himself.

Instead as Moses is back we can play three wing backs. Should sure up that right hand side with Moses and Dave working behind Willian.

If Pedro is back Willian can be injured instead.

With another ref Spurs will be down to 11 and without WHL down to 10. They are ten good players though. We'll need Morata sooner than 2 hours after going 3-0 down. I say let's put him on at 2-0 down. 

jones   

I'd be very happy with a point. If we could avoid a red card too, that would be a huge bonus.

It really is incredible that in our second game of the season, we have one central midfielder available. Who are in contention to partner Kanté? Christensen, Luiz or Willian? I'd say Christensen is the likely candidate, as he is the one with the most defensive mind-set (we're playing Spurs away) and we don't want to change up the first XI too much so makes sense to let Luiz and Willian play in their usual positions.

No doubt Batshuayi played himself out of the XI and Morata played himself in.

Courtois

Azpilicueta
Luiz
Rüdiger

Moses
Kanté
Christensen
Alonso

Pedro (who simply has to return from his injury)
Morata
Willian

Bench: Caballero, Musonda, Batshuayi, Boga + the three new signings we are supposed to make 

Personally, I would prefer Luiz in midfield and Christensen at CB.

Surely Chalobah must be kicking himself?! And Ake as well??! I mean, Conte spoke during the summer about younger players needing to have patience and this is clearly a great example of that. This could have been the chance these guys waited their entire careers for and they chose to jump ship.

Bison   
1 minute ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Personally, I would prefer Luiz in midfield and Christensen at CB.

Surely Chalobah must be kicking himself?! And Ake as well??! I mean, Conte spoke during the summer about younger players needing to have patience and this is clearly a great example of that. This could have been the chance these guys waited their entire careers for and they chose to jump ship.

Did you miss the interview where Chalobah said Conte wanted to send him out on loan again?

Ham   
1 hour ago, goldmase said:

Can bakoyoko play next week?

I'd take Babayaro at this point.

• Like 1