• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly   

Rather than play DL in midfield we'd be better off going 4-4-2 with Kante sitting

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Rüdiger - Luiz - Alonso

Moses - Willian - Kante - Pedro

Morata - Batshuayi

You may even get more out of Bats this way. Bottom line is whatever we do, however we line up its going to be squeaky bum time. What's worse we'll have nothing on the bench to come on and provide a plan B.

Christensen can't play midfield in his first start. He's barely played there. 

Luiz can play midfield, and has done so before. Christensen is good enough, especially with Dave alongside him. 

My team:

Courtois

Dave Christensen Rudiger

Moses Kante Luiz Alonso

Willian Morata Boga (Pedro if fit, but he won't be)

It's just embarrassing even naming a line up right now. Our midfield is a joke, we've got no strength in depth. Meanwhile the Manchester clubs have players on theirs who'd make our first team right now.

I fear for us next week. I hope we show the spirit we showed in the second half yesterday. If we do, and Morata plays anything like he did, then we have a chance. But only a chance. 

Edited by James Prescott

3 hours ago, Bison said:

Did you miss the interview where Chalobah said Conte wanted to send him out on loan again?

He said that Conte wanted him to sign a new deal but to go out on loan to get experience... After selling Matic and not signing anyone, whether or not that would have worked out to be the plan in the end is anyone's guess. Chalobah explicitly stated in that interview that it was his decision not to renew and stay. 

Well this one will be fun!

Trying to pick a team for this is not easy and not a lot of fun... these are the weeks Conte really needs to earn his money. I'm guessing we'll set up for a draw and if we can get anything on the break then that's a bonus. I'd expect us to line up something like this:

Courtois

Moses  Rudiger  Christensen  Azpilicueta  Alonso

Luiz  Kante

Willian

Batshuayi  Morata

Subs: Caballero, Kenedy, Musonda, Tomori, Scott, Boga, A.Trialist

I think we'll be set up more with a back 5 than wing backs to just try and stop Spurs and Luiz even dropping back in to make a back 6 at times and also dropping back in when we counter, to allow Moses and Alonso to push forward.

The bench is utterly appalling and embarrassing to be honest.

I'm expecting a fairly comfortable Spurs win I'm afraid. We have absolutely no way we can change anything from the bench. I just pray Pedro is fit and by some miracle Bakayoko is able to make the bench as well... he may well end up being named on the bench but unable to play, just because we don't have anyone else.

jangz   

How harry kane didn't get a red card today is embarassing.. shambolic refreeing again with no consistency..

cii99mn1   
12 minutes ago, jangz said:

How harry kane didn't get a red card today is embarassing.. shambolic refreeing again with no consistency..

Ironic that Shelvey got sent off for trodding on Alli. When a Spurs player did the same to Fabregas it wasn't a card nor a retrospective punishment. 

Edited by cii99mn1
Spelling

Sciatika   

------------Courtois

Rudiger-Luiz-Azpi

Moses---Kante--Christensen--Alonso

-----------------Willian

------------Morata---Batshuayi

Antonio might have to come up with the new formation that everyone will be playing next season earlier than he did last season! Going to have to counteract his own tactics in a way this season seeing as most of the top 6 seems to be copying it. Hope we don't go 424 we looked awful playing that start of last season. Luiz in midfield for me. Knows the position and has a goal in him, let Christensen settle into his natural position. Or maybe Willian CM and Boga and Pedro on the wing if fit to keep a more familiar back 5.

goldmase   
4 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Antonio might have to come up with the new formation that everyone will be playing next season earlier than he did last season! Going to have to counteract his own tactics in a way this season seeing as most of the top 6 seems to be copying it. Hope we don't go 424 we looked awful playing that start of last season. Luiz in midfield for me. Knows the position and has a goal in him, let Christensen settle into his natural position. Or maybe Willian CM and Boga and Pedro on the wing if fit to keep a more familiar back 5.

its look like now are using back 3 with WB... 

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Antonio might have to come up with the new formation

I think we could maybe field a 7-1-2