• Current Donation Goals

Whatever formation we utilise , can we just get someone to close Erikson down so we stop him loading the gun for Dele and Kane to fire?

It reminds me of the old Liverpool games where , every time John Arne Riise would be allowed to saunter out of defence before picking a corner to rifle a shot into , we played Liverpool a lot then and he seemingly did it every time without anyone realising it would happen.

All three Burnley goals came around the same way too .

So... Who's actually not available for this one? Moses is back from suspension right? Cahill is now suspended for three games and Fabregas misses the Tottenham game? As far as I can gauge, the following will definitely miss out:

Hazard, Bakayoko, Cahill, Fabregas with question marks over Pedro... 

So that gives us the following players being available: Courtois, Caballero; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Rüdiger, Christensen; Moses, Alonso; Kanté; Willian, (Pedro); Morata, Bats

From that list, I suppose the only viable starting XI would be (3-4-1-2;

Courtois; Rüdiger, Christensen, Azpilicueta; Moses, Kanté, Luiz, Alonso; Willian; Bats, Morata

The bench being made up with Cabellero and 6 academy players - Caballero, Tomori, Scott, Musonda, Boga and another two who I have no idea who they could be. 

Not looking great is it? Can't see anything but a fairly resounding loss unfortunately. 

jones   

Just saw Harry Kane's tackle Yesterday. Went in with venom, and you can see the Newcastle player's leg bending when he hits him hard with the force of his entire body. Honestly, if Cahill's a straight red, then that is a five match ban. How these things just pass by is absolutely ridiculous. Should have sat this one out.

Really hope Pedro shakes off his injury quickly. One of our most important players when we face top sides, as he is a hard-worker and can pull of magic in an instant.

With Cahill already out of our safe back three, do people really think Conte would want to take Luiz out of it as well, leaving young Christensen in the middle together with new boy Rüdiger and the Azpilicueta that always seem to struggle with the movement of Alli? Would surprise me massively if he did not try to keep the shuffling of his squad to a minimum. Christensen, or even Azpilicueta, is a much more likely option in CM.

Considering the shocking opener and our shockingly thin squad, expectations are at a low point. But wouldn't it be typical that we pull off a miracle in this situation?

Assuming Pedro is ready, this is my XI:

Courtois

Azpilicueta
Luiz
Rüdiger

Moses
Christensen
Kanté
Alonso

Pedro
Morata
Willian

Zoowraa   

Personally, I feel Luiz is too important to the back three to be moved into midfield. I also think he is a yard slower since he returned to the club from his first spell here, so would have some concerns on him being in midfield against a high energy team.

I would not be totally surprised to see Azpilicueta in centre mid here. He will likely just sit and play simple passes and could give better protection to allow Kante to play a high energy game.

Or another option is have Kante sit (He and we look bang average when this is employed) and play Willian as a transitional runner to get the team upfield with Boga wide if Pedro still out.

I have a feeling we might go with Azpilicueta in centre mid. Either way, difficult to see us getting a positive result. 

cii99mn1   
1 hour ago, Zoowraa said:

Personally, I feel Luiz is too important to the back three to be moved into midfield. I also think he is a yard slower since he returned to the club from his first spell here, so would have some concerns on him being in midfield against a high energy team.

I would not be totally surprised to see Azpilicueta in centre mid here. He will likely just sit and play simple passes and could give better protection to allow Kante to play a high energy game.

Or another option is have Kante sit (He and we look bang average when this is employed) and play Willian as a transitional runner to get the team upfield with Boga wide if Pedro still out.

I have a feeling we might go with Azpilicueta in centre mid. Either way, difficult to see us getting a positive result. 

Agree on the outlook for this game.

Regardless of system and who to play in central midfield next to Kante I can't see us being able to cope with their press, and we might have to back off and go more direct. Without Hazard and Fabregas the direct route is less likely to succeed though. Morata will have a tough game on his own up front, unless we leave him and Bats (or Pedro) up there to try and create something on their own. 

Dingus   

Is everyone beginning to realise that when you have injuries to your best player, your new CM and suspensions, with no sufficient replacements to maintain the quality of the team, you're going to suffer.

We will be going into a ridiculously important game with a makeshift 11 and a ridiculously poor bench. It baffles me how the club have allowed this to happen.

I see nothing but another defeat and the media will then be claiming that Spurs have got the Wembley voodoo off of their backs. A draw would be a fantastic result considering the circumstances.

25 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Is everyone beginning to realise that when you have injuries to your best player, your new CM and suspensions, with no sufficient replacements to maintain the quality of the team, you're going to suffer.

We will be going into a ridiculously important game with a makeshift 11 and a ridiculously poor bench. It baffles me how the club have allowed this to happen.

I see nothing but another defeat and the media will then be claiming that Spurs have got the Wembley voodoo off of their backs. A draw would be a fantastic result considering the circumstances.

I think everyone knows that... some of us just don't feel the need to post the same thing twenty times a day, however. Our silence doesn't mean we think all is rosy.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Personally, I would prefer Luiz in midfield and Christensen at CB.

Surely Chalobah must be kicking himself?! And Ake as well??! I mean, Conte spoke during the summer about younger players needing to have patience and this is clearly a great example of that. This could have been the chance these guys waited their entire careers for and they chose to jump ship.

Yes indeed Blue

20 hours ago, Ham said:

I'd take Babayaro at this point.

I'd take Baba O'Reilly.......

5 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I'd take Baba O'Reilly.......

He's out there in the field.