• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Well, that was lucky to say the least. But considering the position we are in I'll take that all day long. 

All in all a great win but a pretty bad performance I thought apart from the fighting spirit (which was immense). We created two chances apart from Alonso's late winner and a goal from a set-piece. Spurs will feel very unlucky to have lost that, as they should. We had very little business ending up with three points based on the performance but in the position we are in we obviously take it with a smile. 

I think your overall analysis is very harsh on those who were selected. I think your judgement is impaired by your anger over the squad size. You can't blame the ones that are here for the lack of alternatives that we should have.

To go to Spurs, who won 17/19 last season, with a patched up team, and for all of their possession and territory actually created very little, is a great effort. 

No Hazard, Cahill or Fabregas......Pedro not fit enough to start and Bakayoko having to play 90 minutes ahead of schedule after knee surgery.........all logic says Spurs should have pasted us, and I bet they were expecting to. Conte set up his team not to lose, and we did the classic smash and grab. One sublime free kick and GK error hands us the game, although their goal was lucky too. 

Was fearing the worse before the game, but we did what Chelsea do when the chips are down. The kind of performance and resiliance that sets us aside from a team like Arsenal. Could you see Wenger what Conte did? Me neither. 

If we get some bodies in by the end of window, and beat Everton next weekend, then things look a lot rosier. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Call me old-school but I think that tackles are part of the game and yes, sometimes tackles will be too violent or uncontrolled and that's when the refs needs to step in. 

If your studs catch someone's knee when he is standing up, that is reckless and a red card in the modern game. 

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think your overall analysis is very harsh on those who were selected. I think your judgement is impaired by your anger over the squad size. You can't blame the ones that are here for the lack of alternatives that we should have.

To go to Spurs, who won 17/19 last season, with a patched up team, and for all of their possession and territory actually created very little, is a great effort. 

No Hazard, Cahill or Fabregas......Pedro not fit enough to start and Bakayoko having to play 90 minutes ahead of schedule after knee surgery.........all logic says Spurs should have pasted us, and I bet they were expecting to. Conte set up his team not to lose, and we did the classic smash and grab. One sublime free kick and GK error hands us the game, although their goal was lucky too. 

Was fearing the worse before the game, but we did what Chelsea do when the chips are down. The kind of performance and resiliance that sets us aside from a team like Arsenal. Could you see Wenger what Conte did? Me neither. 

If we get some bodies in by the end of window, and beat Everton next weekend, then things look a lot rosier. 

Spot on, the team did a great job yesterday in very difficult circumstances, credit where it's due.

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Hi Earthshine.  Well it seems I'm in good company on here! 

I've never been into Harry Potter either.

And again....I've only seen the first two HP movies. People keep telling me to see the others. 

We could all create an anti HP and GOT club. lol.

• Like 1

Pochettino: “We were better than Chelsea. I am happy to lose that way.”

Right there. The difference between us and Spurs. Spurs content to play good football. Chelsea prefer to win. And do.

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Right there. The difference between us and Spurs. Spurs content to play good football. Chelsea prefer to win. And do.

Idiotic comments, quite frankly. Comments of a loser. 

Vinod   
12 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

And again....I've only seen the first two HP movies. People keep telling me to see the others. 

We could all create an anti HP and GOT club. lol.

Skip the movies. Read the books.

Vinod   
12 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Read this bit on twitter

Chile were beaten 3-0 by Uruguay in a World Cup qualifier in in Montevideo on Tuesday night despite having 73% possession in the match.

When informed of that statistic after the match, Sampaoli responded with an analogy to explain why it counted for little.

Sampaoli said: “One night, I went to a bar, I was with a woman. We talked all night. We laughed, we flirted, I paid for several drinks of hers

“At around 5am, a guy came in, grabbed her by the arm and took her to the bathroom. He made love to her and she left with him. That doesn’t matter, because I had most of the possession on that night.”

• Like 2

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm with you on Harry Potter... never read the books, never seen the films, and never intend to. On the other hand, I'll admit to being addicted to GoT (I binge watch it series by series on Blu-Ray every end of Dec/early Jan... it's the only way I can survive what others call "Christmas"; a festival I not only don't celebrate, but hate having rammed down my throat from September onwards!)

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Bob.

I work in retail, can't get away from it!  

Ham   
6 minutes ago, Vinod said:

Read this bit on twitter

Chile were beaten 3-0 by Uruguay in a World Cup qualifier in in Montevideo on Tuesday night despite having 73% possession in the match.

When informed of that statistic after the match, Sampaoli responded with an analogy to explain why it counted for little.

Sampaoli said: “One night, I went to a bar, I was with a woman. We talked all night. We laughed, we flirted, I paid for several drinks of hers

“At around 5am, a guy came in, grabbed her by the arm and took her to the bathroom. He made love to her and she left with him. That doesn’t matter, because I had most of the possession on that night.”

Gold.