• Current Donation Goals

Stangely I feel quite serene reagarding the Spurs game , we've managed to make ourselves underdogs which is a refreshing change and they're hopeless at Wembley.

I think we win this .

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's out there in the field.

Excellent that man!

jangz   

I would prefer Boga over bats on Sunday if Pedro is unavailable.. no point playing Morata out of position 

Edited by jangz

Holymoly   
4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I think everyone knows that... some of us just don't feel the need to post the same thing twenty times a day, however. Our silence doesn't mean we think all is rosy.

I hadn't heard him say this before, but thank you Bob for questioning an individual's right to post.

Reports that Kenedy's loan to Newcastle is being delayed, so I expect him to be on the bench.

Just now, James Prescott said:

Bakayoko was in full training today. Hoping he might be fit, at least for the bench.

You have a source for that? Not questioning you, just wondering where you've seen this? 

Having Bakayoko and Hazard back asap is a priority. 

xCELERYx   
16 hours ago, Zoowraa said:

Personally, I feel Luiz is too important to the back three to be moved into midfield. I also think he is a yard slower since he returned to the club from his first spell here, so would have some concerns on him being in midfield against a high energy team.

I would not be totally surprised to see Azpilicueta in centre mid here. He will likely just sit and play simple passes and could give better protection to allow Kante to play a high energy game.

Or another option is have Kante sit (He and we look bang average when this is employed) and play Willian as a transitional runner to get the team upfield with Boga wide if Pedro still out.

I have a feeling we might go with Azpilicueta in centre mid. Either way, difficult to see us getting a positive result. 

Luiz is better technically on the ball and that's going to be important with Spurs likely to press hard in midfield. While Azpi may provide a solid alternative also and likely to keep it simple, without Fabregas we'll lack someone who can spot a pass forward, something Luiz has the ability to also do. Could argue a case for either.

If Luiz does move into midfield then I wouldn't be disappointed if we see Christensen play the central CB role. He looked composed and his ability on the ball down back would help offset having Luiz pushed further forward.