• Current Donation Goals

16 minutes ago, BlueWill said:

I suggest you do likewise, "and making no allowance for fitness or familiarity I completely disagree with that assertion; as", the part you've emboldened was me saying I make no allowance. The only part I quoted you on was "terrible, terrible game"  which I placed in quotation marks. I'm well aware that you felt it unfair to judge him on this game and I made no reference at all to that point of yours. My issue with you over Baka is your absurd claim about his "terrible, terrible game". 

Speaking of being wrong, he ran a full 90 minutes so how do you get he should not even be in the squad?

Based on his physical state and the performance he served up, I'd say he had no business starting that game and wouldn't have started or even made the bench if we had an actual squad. 

I maintain my assessment that Bakayoko had a terrible game. He made silly mistakes, lost the ball, lacked focus, gave away needless fouls in dangerous areas and didn't add anything going forward. I'd say he was carried by the three man midfield and Luiz and Kanté who both had much better games than Bakayoko. 

That being said, I think it is unfair to judge him on that performance because he shouldn't have been in the matchday squad to begin with. 

kev61   
9 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Based on his physical state and the performance he served up, I'd say he had no business starting that game and wouldn't have started or even made the bench if we had an actual squad. 

I maintain my assessment that Bakayoko had a terrible game. He made silly mistakes, lost the ball, lacked focus, gave away needless fouls in dangerous areas and didn't add anything going forward. I'd say he was carried by the three man midfield and Luiz and Kanté who both had much better games than Bakayoko. 

That being said, I think it is unfair to judge him on that performance because he shouldn't have been in the matchday squad to begin with. 

Sounds like an assessment of pogba in his early days at utd, the difference pogba was fit - but now he's a world beater according to the very 'knowledgable' utd fans that I have the misfortune to bump into.

kev61   
23 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

He set us up in a way that it had us have more bodies in the midfield to make it more difficult to play through.

That is the reason we won the game IMO.Spurs have players in midfield that can destroy teams coupled with a very good centre forward.We stopped them playing to their strengths,not rocket science but common sense.

Sometimes we need to stop teams playing,we did that with spurs and we will probably need to do the same with man city.The rest of the teams in the premiership we can go toe to toe with.

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

Sounds like an assessment of pogba in his early days at utd, the difference pogba was fit - but now he's a world beater according to the very 'knowledgable' utd fans that I have the misfortune to bump into.

On Pogba, our resident Juve expert was very adamant that paying £89m for Pogba and not using him correctly was a mistake. 

I disagree with zaffo's conclusion. You don't pay £89m for a talent like that and make him a role player (like he was at Juve). You buy him and mould him into a position where he can flourish and elevate to the next step and be the main man. 

That's exactly what United have done with Pogba. He's had a bedding in season and now they have a midfield partner to pair him with that gives him more freedom as a number 8. 

I fully expect Pogba to have a fantastic season for them. Ditto Matic. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both in the PL TotY come May. 

2 hours ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Wonderful stuff.  Loved the bit where Michy celebrates us going 2-0 up before getting told - unfair but funny.
Thanks

On 8/21/2017 at 0:31 PM, Conte Kante said:

Agreed, and what is worse is that Dier's was actually more reckless and forceful. For me these kind of challenges sum up why I think we get treated differently to everyone else, as it appears to me that when anything is 50/50 we get 90/10 in favour of the other side, whereas other sides get a much more balanced or positive outcome. As for the challenges themselves, personally I am ok with yellows for both of these challenges as football is a contact sport. That said, whilst as a football fan I hate the idea of VAR, as a Chelsea fan I think it is the only way we will get more of a balance. 

Conte is the best tactical manger in football right now owing to his pragmatism when it comes to playing style. For me, he is Jose Mk2 (with a better understanding of multiple systems owing to his Italian background), in that his aim is to win at all costs and he will be very flexible in how to achieve this as he will always find a system to suit the players, rather than find players to suit his system.  

The first thing about Morata is that we need to get him fit and up too speed with the PL before we can talk about workrate and consistency as I think these two areas are directly linked to his condition. This I think is why he looks overawed at times and is too easy to defend against at the moment. Although, to be fair to him, Spuds at Wembley is probably the hardest/second hardest game he will have in the league this year.

That said, I have seen very encouraging signs in his past two appreances as his off the ball movement in attacking phases is very good as he knows how to pull off CB's and make himself space - maybe the best I have seen someone do since Crespo. Therefore, I am actually hopeful he will be able to get 20 goals for us this season. That said, he is never going to be a Costa who is an absolute machine and a player we are going to miss incredibly. 

As for Zouma, I agree that he needs to be better on the ball and I, like you,do have my doubts he will ever be a 'Conte' player owing to his on the ball ability. However, if he can get 1/2 seasons of full playing time at Stoke I think he will prove himself to be a fine player. Whether that is here or not is another matter, but I could see him coming back to replace Cahill/Rudiger who are also not the greatest on the ball and get themselves into unnecessary danger. 

Exactly, we seem to think of the players as if they were equipments, plug and play type, it takes more than a season as an average to pair the same squad sometimes. And its sad that the world we're living is about speed and time. We rush everything from fast food, to using micowave to heat up our dinner for instance, the longer the same players train/play together, the better the quality they will acheive, not to mention the exchange of skills between them will be performance skyrocketing (Rashford admitted learning from Zlatan last season), but with players club-hopping so fast, this factor is ignored.

I have a great feeling about Morata making it big in Chelsea but he does need some good arms to feed his goals, and our best to stand to that level is Hazard, I can't wait to see how the 2 pair up nicely.

15 hours ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Excellent! Ta ever so!

kev61   
18 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I disagree with zaffo's conclusion. You don't pay £89m for a talent like that and make him a role player (like he was at Juve). You buy him and mould him into a position where he can flourish and elevate to the next step and be the main man. 

What!!! You pay 89 mil for a player and you have to "mould him" Jesus Dave  he should be the "main man" already.Let's all hail Mourhino and utd top of the table! It will be short lived,and in that I mean not long term as of two seasons.

They may do well this season - but the signing of Matic shows me what I already know.Mourhino is like a defibrillator,he sparks life into a team - but has no idea how to put right something that is fundamentally damaged.

Edited by kev61
  • Like 1