• Current Donation Goals

The Rudiger signing was out of left field for me.

The question for me is whether he's an upgrade on Zouma or not. But he's just new to the team and league and will prove his worth either way as the season progresses.

xCELERYx   
6 hours ago, The Fab 4 said:

The Rudiger signing was out of left field for me.

The question for me is whether he's an upgrade on Zouma or not. But he's just new to the team and league and will prove his worth either way as the season progresses.

He is an upgrade of sorts. Both may be of a similar overall quality, however both are different sorts of defenders with varied skill sets. Rudiger is more versatile across the back line and capable in either a two or three man defence. He's also more composed on the ball and technically more proficient. Better suited to a system that has their defenders spending more time on the ball, making more passes and being generally more active. Zouma on the other hand is stronger and more physical, but far more limited when it comes to being asked to play a more technically involved role. A defender that's more in the mold of your traditional CB.

Can see why we'd loan Zouma out and bring in Rudiger who is a better fit for the way we now play under Conte. A loan will also allow Zouma to get the games he needs and possible show that he's improved the aspects of his game to be successful here in a back three.