• Current Donation Goals

cii99mn1   

Boys, and girls, we have to get the basics right in this one:

1. Start the game with eleven players. 

2. Finish the game with eleven players. 

So no loaning out or selling players during the game and no red cards or injuries to more than three players. If we can do that we stand a chance. 

Ham   
4 hours ago, cii99mn1 said:

Boys, and girls, we have to get the basics right in this one:

1. Start the game with eleven players. 

2. Finish the game with eleven players. 

So no loaning out or selling players during the game and no red cards or injuries to more than three players. If we can do that we stand a chance. 

Good luck with that plan.........

nintchdbpict000286484940.jpg

zzzdele-e1480882834164.png

Screen-Shot-2016-12-03-at-6.11.08-PM.jpg

JS115190644_Dele_Alli-SPORT-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqcjEvW5iGlU28zMPq4YwROduifB17Ar34nZYNOk-CmJM.jpg

GURJ SS   

3:4:1:2;

Courtois;

Rudiger, Christensen, Dave;

Moses, Kante, Luiz, Alonso;

Willian,

Bats, Morata;

Not even going to bother with the bench, anyone used will be because of injury. But saying that, our starting XI can beat Spurs. We have enough defensive strength and definitely a quick counterattack. If Spurs think it'll be as easy to beat us that many others are making out, they'll be in for a nasty surprise; with all the talk of Conte being unhappy, watch the Burnley game again because the drive and character the team showed comes directly from what he has installed into the team over the past year. Any other team in the PL with 9 men would have looked lost and sat back to defend the scoreline from becoming embarrassing, instead we went for Burnley and had them clinging on for the final whistle; we definitely have squad number issues, but we have a world class manager who always has a plan.

18 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

3:4:1:2;

Courtois;

Rudiger, Christensen, Dave;

Moses, Kante, Luiz, Alonso;

Willian,

Bats, Morata;

Some nice ideas there.  Morata and Bats have to play simply because Boga shouldn't (unlucky to get such a short time on Saturday, but ridiculously lucky to be starting a PL match for any club this season - unlike Palmer, RLC, Abraham who did so on merit).
Never mind the system, play adults or kids who get there on merit.

Nevertheless Bats and Morata is a concern - Bats looks toothless despite a decent work rate.  Morata looks a liability as well as a brilliant goalscorer.  A sublime run for his goal, running along  the off-side line perfectly..  But stupidity over the off-side rule cost the losing goal against Arsenal and cost us a goal and possibly a draw against Burnley.

I'd swap Azpi and Luiz around.  First because that is the role Azpi played quite a bit at the end of the season when weaker teams played with 1 striker and Cahill or Azpi (but mostly Azpi) pushed up alongside Kante.  Second because I expect Conte will want an experienced CB organising Rudiger and Christensen rather than Azpi.  I suspect Conte cares more about organising the CBs than the CMs.

And of course any chance Pedro can be persuaded to get over his injury and play should be taken (which of course is why short squads go off the rails so quick because players try to play injured...

On 13/08/2017 at 5:17 PM, Ham said:

I'd take Babayaro at this point.

I'd take anyone is probably more appropriate, actually, we might consider asking Conte to start hemself, if we continue  playing the season with our thin squad. 

Photos released today of Bakayoko and Hazard in full training. Possibility Bakayoko could make bench for Spurs game, Hazard ready to start Leicester game 11 Sept, maybe bench for Everton game.

Photo of Pedro sitting out training. Probably won't make Spurs game.

Likely Spurs team:

Courtois, Dave, Christensen, Rudiger, Moses, Kante, Luiz, Alonso, Willian, Boga/Musonda, Morata. 

Subs: Callibero, Bakayoko, Bats, Kenedy, Tomori, Musonda/Boga, Scott/Pedro

Conte won't change system. Bats and Morata together should be an option, but he won't use it.

Edited by James Prescott

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Good luck with that plan.........

nintchdbpict000286484940.jpg

zzzdele-e1480882834164.png

Screen-Shot-2016-12-03-at-6.11.08-PM.jpg

JS115190644_Dele_Alli-SPORT-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqcjEvW5iGlU28zMPq4YwROduifB17Ar34nZYNOk-CmJM.jpg

Do not worry, we have Taylor reffing the game. He is sure to make the right call 😂

GURJ SS   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Some nice ideas there.  Morata and Bats have to play simply because Boga shouldn't (unlucky to get such a short time on Saturday, but ridiculously lucky to be starting a PL match for any club this season - unlike Palmer, RLC, Abraham who did so on merit).
Never mind the system, play adults or kids who get there on merit.

Nevertheless Bats and Morata is a concern - Bats looks toothless despite a decent work rate.  Morata looks a liability as well as a brilliant goalscorer.  A sublime run for his goal, running along  the off-side line perfectly..  But stupidity over the off-side rule cost the losing goal against Arsenal and cost us a goal and possibly a draw against Burnley.

I'd swap Azpi and Luiz around.  First because that is the role Azpi played quite a bit at the end of the season when weaker teams played with 1 striker and Cahill or Azpi (but mostly Azpi) pushed up alongside Kante.  Second because I expect Conte will want an experienced CB organising Rudiger and Christensen rather than Azpi.  I suspect Conte cares more about organising the CBs than the CMs.

And of course any chance Pedro can be persuaded to get over his injury and play should be taken (which of course is why short squads go off the rails so quick because players try to play injured...

I don't think Boga is a bad player, but actually think he's caught up between showing what he can do and being tactical enough to make the team. From what I've seen so far, he makes good decisions and holds his position, but I think he could do with playing more like he is 20 and not 30; obviously it'll be risky as he could end up getting dropped(also the negatives is what we get with Bats because he doesn't half lose the ball at the wrong time), but it'll show his qualities; same goes for Musonda. I think we as a team may just be too tactical for them, but that's not to say they aren't good enough, I think most young PL players wouldn't make our team due to decision making; but maybe what we need from our bankup players is to come in and do the job, nothing fancy. A Smertin type of player to begin with, and then to build upon it to showcase what they can do.

Personally I think Bats isn't a lone striker, and I think Morata alongside him could get him firing, as for Morata he has so far only shown us positives to go by; a goal and an assist on his debut is only a good thing, I think maybe there's a hint of too much scrutiny from your part regarding Morata, some players settle in straight away and some take time, I think at Conte's Chelsea there's alot to learn; but it makes us winners.

I agree with you regarding Apzi and Luiz being swapped around, my reason for having Azpi at LCB is I don't trust anyone else down that side yet, especially in a makeshift defence, but with Azpi having played LB he'd be the most comfortable on the ball. Might even be worth moving either Chrisensen or Rudiger into mid as a ball winning DM, pushing Kante further up closer to Willian; meaning we have 2 of our regular centre backs in the back line. 

If Pedro is half avaliable, I'd probably like to see us contain the game for the first part and bring him on to hit the Spuds on counterattacks. 

jones   
7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Very much, Azpi is a better shout than Luiz at CM. (Christensen too for that matter.) Luiz at CB will give us much needed stability also. To continue with the back three that ended the positive second half against Burnley makes sense from a confidence perspective also. Azpi can sit deep and man mark Eriksen, who is their most important player imo. Would be a defensive tactic, but I think Azpi could be a very effective man-marker. Eriksen assisted three of the last four goals we conceded against Spurs, from just outside the box, so goes without saying that we need to stop him with other measures than before. 3-5-2 was used last season when we wanted to close games, and that is exactly what I expect here. Kanté and Willian on either side of Azpi would give us an advantage in the center of the pitch, and they also pose a huge counter-attacking threat that may restrict their CMs from contributing in attack. Batshuayi + Morata could be a decent duo up front too. If Pedro is fit, he takes Batshuayi's place and plays as the secondary striker off Morata.

For me, it's definitely

Courtois

Christensen
Luiz
Rudiger

Moses
Kante
Azpi
Willian
Alonso

Batshuayi/Pedro
Morata

Frankly, a draw is the target here. We need to sit deep, wait for opportunities to counter and hope for magic.

Edited by jones
  • Like 1

Spot on. Get Azpi to dog Erikson and cut out the supply to Kane and make Alli actually work for his goals.