• Current Donation Goals

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, DannyLB said:

Apparently Bakayoko is ready from the word go for Sunday. 

Read that he's made himself available. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play and we lean to the side of caution. 

Matt Law reporting today there's an outside chance one or both of Hazard and Bakayoko will be available against Tottenham. Both played in a practice match last night, Hazard the full 90 (he scored). 

We still need players, but if even one of these was available it would be awesome. 

Edited by James Prescott

Hard to be optimistic for this one. Doubt Bakayoko or Hazard will start and we're really down to the bare bones. The morale is down, the team and coach look deflated and Spurs are playing their first game at Wembley in what is their cup final. They'll come out steaming with a high press and their usual physicality. On top of that, we have Anthony Flipping Taylor as the ref. 

I really hope we come out to play though. Sitting deep and trying to hit them on the break isn't the way to go IMO as right now we don't seem to have the organization or confidence to shut other teams down. If we can somehow go ahead then that changes things and we can then actively look to hit them on the break, but as long as it's 0-0 we should try to play.

Would take a point here, even if that means it's only 1 point after 2 games and likely being 5 points behind the leaders already.

Better than nothing.

^ If Pedro isn't able to start I reckon Hazard probably will.   He has started unfit before, not least for JM and Hiddink in 15/16.   If so he'll be pleased to be up against Trippier not Walker. 

And I was always suspicious that it would take till September for him to be back. These estimates from Chelsea nowadays are invariably cautious.  

36 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Hard to be optimistic for this one. Doubt Bakayoko or Hazard will start and we're really down to the bare bones. The morale is down, the team and coach look deflated and Spurs are playing their first game at Wembley in what is their cup final. They'll come out steaming with a high press and their usual physicality. On top of that, we have Anthony Flipping Taylor as the ref. 

I really hope we come out to play though. Sitting deep and trying to hit them on the break isn't the way to go IMO as right now we don't seem to have the organization or confidence to shut other teams down. If we can somehow go ahead then that changes things and we can then actively look to hit them on the break, but as long as it's 0-0 we should try to play.

Would take a point here, even if that means it's only 1 point after 2 games and likely being 5 points behind the leaders already.

Better than nothing.

From the training photos I've seen, everyone seems to be happy, albeit also working hard. What makes you think that "morale is down"? The repetitively depressing posts of some on here shouldn't have you believing the players themselves are as morose as yourself, James, Holymoly, WHYSOSLOWYEH, etc.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

^ If Pedro isn't able to start I reckon Hazard probably will.   He has started unfit before, not least for JM and Hiddink in 15/16.   If so he'll be pleased to be up against Trippier not Walker. 

And I was always suspicious that it would take till September for him to be back. These estimates from Chelsea nowadays are invariably cautious.  

I can't imagine anyone would be volunteering to be systematically targeted by Spurs "sharing out" the bookings when they're just back from an ankle injury 

37 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

From the training photos I've seen, everyone seems to be happy, albeit also working hard. What makes you think that "morale is down"? The repetitively depressing posts of some on here shouldn't have you believing the players themselves are as morose as yourself, James, Holymoly, WHYSOSLOWYEH, etc.

Training photos are always happy affairs, almost overly so.

I think morale is down because of the poor result against Burnley (making it 4 losses in a row) lack of transfer movement and the complete lack of available bodies off the bench. The entire squad is acutely aware of the problems we're facing, seeing as the coach has been complaining for weeks and the captain has even come out and said we need more players. You really don't think that frustration hasn't crept down to the rest of the squad? Consciously or subconsciously, it has an effect.

And that's without addressing all the fallout from the Costa affair. 

Conte said in press conference he doesn't see Luiz as a midfielder, and might have to play Bakayoko even though he's not 100% ready yet, because he has no one else in midfield. So looks like Bakayoko might start.

No way he lasts the 90 minutes though. Hope he doesn't make the injury worse - if he does, 100% of the blame is on the club, for not getting another midfielder in sooner. Just pathetic by the club.

Interesting he refused to answer questions about this thoughts on letting Chalobah and RLC go. Suspect he wanted to keep them.

3 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

Training photos are always happy affairs, almost overly so.

I think morale is down because of the poor result against Burnley (making it 4 losses in a row) lack of transfer movement and the complete lack of available bodies off the bench. The entire squad is acutely aware of the problems we're facing, seeing as the coach has been complaining for weeks and the captain has even come out and said we need more players. You really don't think that frustration hasn't crept down to the rest of the squad? Consciously or subconsciously, it has an effect.

And that's without addressing all the fallout from the Costa affair. 

I've seen Conte give press conferences when angry and/or 'down'. Today he was quite jovial. I'm not saying he's 100% happy with everything that has happened/not happened, but ffs quit the doom and gloom!

Courtois 

Rudiger Luiz Dave 

Moses Alonso

Kante Bakayoko

Pedro Willian 

Morata

Bench 

Willy, U21, Christensen,  Scott, Hazard, Musonda, Bats

Edited by Conte Kante