• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Everton at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 13:30, Sunday, 27th August, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Holymoly   

An interesting conundrum for Conte as although Fabregas is back he clearly wouldn't fit into last weekend's formation, plus it's questionable if the surprise element would work two weeks in a row. If we go back to the 5-2-3 with him as one of the 3 (more like a 5-2-1-1-1) then that still leaves Kante's partner in question as I'm not sure DL could be trusted to work effectively there and Bakayoko is still learning the Premier League ropes. I think Everton is one of those clubs where you can't rely on Fabregas to play alongside Kante especially with Mr Potato Head back in the goals. Whatever formation we start with I fail to see what options we would have coming off the bench if we needed to chase the game late on.

Until Hazard is back I don't think we're going to see the best of Morata.

And the transfer window is beginning to ease shut with nothing apparently in the works.

34 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

An interesting conundrum for Conte as although Fabregas is back he clearly wouldn't fit into last weekend's formation,

Oh.  I'd have said that Fabregas would fit ideally into that formation.  As one of 3 CMs rather than one of 2.
I agree that he doesn't fit so much into that style of play (denying any opponent more than half a second on the ball in our half) but this is Everton, not Spurs, and we should seek to be more dominant.

My guess is that Hazard should be ready v soon - otherwise why the practice game?
My concern is that the practice game was not so much for our benefit, but for Barca's or RM looking to replace Neymar (or Bale).

Hazard for 3 Barca players and 2 others in - would nearly be enough.

31 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Oh.  I'd have said that Fabregas would fit ideally into that formation.  As one of 3 CMs rather than one of 2.
I agree that he doesn't fit so much into that style of play (denying any opponent more than half a second on the ball in our half) but this is Everton, not Spurs, and we should seek to be more dominant.

My guess is that Hazard should be ready v soon - otherwise why the practice game?
My concern is that the practice game was not so much for our benefit, but for Barca's or RM looking to replace Neymar (or Bale).

Don't even go there.

Holymoly   
7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

but this is Everton, not Spurs, and we should seek to be more dominant.

We are at home however Everton seem a tad more resilient and inventive this year. Don't go underestimating them.

You're angling for 5(!) players now in the 9 days? If we get one potential starter I'd be surprised.

16 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

We are at home however Everton seem a tad more resilient and inventive this year. Don't go underestimating them.

They are not Spurs (and without their best player, Lukaku).  One think to go in eyes open, but I doubt we will attempt to play them as cautiously as we did Spurs.  

16 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

You're angling for 5(!) players now in the 9 days? If we get one potential starter I'd be surprised.

"would".

Or Should I guess.  About 9 more days, you are probably right, and the club is getting is wrong big time again.
4 more players (6 ideal), but 4 and we are PL favourites.  None and we are likely to struggle as much or more as 15/16.

cii99mn1   

Schneiderlin won't play either. Fabregas should start instead of Bakayoko or DL. Pedro to come off the bench.

We can't defend as aggressively with Fabregas but will be able to keep the ball better and feed Morata a few nice balls. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Should I guess.  About 9 more days, you are probably right, and the club is getting is wrong big time again.
4 more players (6 ideal), but 4 and we are PL favourites.  None and we are likely to struggle as much or more as 15/16.

Agree. Have to wonder what the hell the club has been playing at this summer?? Ahead of being back in 4 competitions it's lunacy to not add real depth to the squad.

So... Who's back? I suppose that Fabregas and Pedro will be back in the fold? Cahill still suspended and Hazard still out. 

(343) Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Christensen; Moses, Fabregas, Kante, Alonso; Willian, Morata, Pedro

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Tomori, Bakayoko, Scott, Musonda Jr., Batshuayi

The above is what I'd pick but I think that Conte will go with Rudiger instead of Christensen. 

9 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

So... Who's back? I suppose that Fabregas and Pedro will be back in the fold? Cahill still suspended and Hazard still out. 

(343) Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Christensen; Moses, Fabregas, Kante, Alonso; Willian, Morata, Pedro

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Tomori, Bakayoko, Scott, Musonda Jr., Batshuayi

The above is what I'd pick but I think that Conte will go with Rudiger instead of Christensen. 

Suspect that Cesc mag still be in Antonio's bad books after hiss silly sending off which was apparently against his half time instructions to calm down, wouldn't be surprised to see the same starting line up as spurs, or this but with rudiger in for Cesc and Luiz moving into midfield and Bakoyoko coming on later. Not sure if Pedro will be fit to start yet and Bakayoko should probably be eased in a bit after his baptism of fire.

Was impressed with Everton against City so could be in for a tough game, they've also played a few Europa games so expect their fitness levels to be better than ours.