• Current Donation Goals

Rob B   

Rumours circulating that Hazard is going to feature in the u23 Dev game tonight, which presumably rules him out of Sunday.

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Rumours circulating that Hazard is going to feature in the u23 Dev game tonight, which presumably rules him out of Sunday.

He has been called up to the Belgium squad as well. Expect him to get on the bench on Sunday and maybe get 15/20 minutes. As long as he is over his injury it maybe a good idea for him to get some actual game time with his country. They are fully aware of his injury and I would hope have as much interest of using carefully as we do. They are only playing Gibraltar and Greece so no need to run him into the ground. He needs games to get up to speed and you would think he will return even sharper. 

Vinod   

I wouldn't mind if Conte goes with the same set up as against Spurs. Except with Cesc in place of Bakayoko. It would pretty cool if Luiz and Kante try win the ball and Cesc acts as the deep lying playmaker. A bit like Seedorf, Gattuso and Pirlo at Milan.

Expect Baka to be on the bench along with Pedro.

Ham   

Personally I'm keen to see Kante, Fabregas and Bakayoko together. Imagine the freedom Fabregas would have to dictate play? 

Hazard not fit for the game. Everyone else is fit. Pedro back, which is good.

Conte genuinely surprised Hazard called up by Belgium. Doesn't look happy about that.

So much for Martinez 'we have a great relationship with Chelsea' comment. No Roberto, I'm pretty sure you don't have a good relationship with our manager.

Edited by James Prescott

11 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Hazard not fit for the game.

Conte genuinely surprised Hazard called up by Belgium. Doesn't look happy about that.

So much for Martinez 'we have a great relationship with Chelsea' comment. No Roberto, I'm pretty sure you don't have a good relationship with our manager.

If the board are allowing Hazard to go to international duty whilst still recovering from injury, it's yet another sign of their total incompetence and lack of knowledge of football, and clearly undermining Conte's wishes (he seems to have had no idea Hazard was being allowed to go). Risking our best player getting injured again unnecessarily.

So sick of this useless board. Bunch of penny pinching business people with no idea about football.

I don't think there's a thing they can do about it in fairness James , apart from appealing to Martinez' better judgement of which he's shown scant evidence in the past.

If you get the call , you go or you miss out league games when you return.

As someone said earlier , maybe a couple of run outs against lesser sides will help sharpen him up for us.

Think he'll play:

Courtois

Azpi - Luiz - Rudiger

Moses - Kante - Bakayoko - Alonso

Pedro - Willian

Morata

However, hard to leave Christensen out after the spurs game and Fabregas could be useful if they sit back. So potentially:

Courtois

Azpi - Christensen - Luiz

Fabregas

Morata - Willian

52 minutes ago, bluecueball said:

Think he'll play:

I suppose he could drop Fabregas.  But it would mean that all the big lesson from last season is lost as well as a great pity.

Rudiger probably ahead of Christensen, but it could be either way there.  And I actually think Fabregas will play a little behind Kante/Baka, not in front (with both getting the fun of being passed to from Santa).  Hope so anyway.

Courtois

Azpi - Luiz - Rudiger

Fabregas

Morata - Willian

Blue Rod   

I see nothing wrong with us lining up as we did against Spurs. David Luiz played his most effective game for a while in that midfield role. I admit it would seem like a demotion to him if he's played there again. Depends on how he and Conte handle it.  

If Luiz goes back to defence, then based on performance against Spurs, Christensen get's my nod over Rudiger. The latter looked a little bit dreamy in key situations 

If Fabregas comes in to join Baka and Kante, my fear is; only Kante has the pace to keep up with Everton midfield. Baka is not yet up to full speed and Fabregas,  well you know.  It could be one of those games where Kante on his own is trying to put out fire all around him.

I expect a tough low scoring match, nothing like the one last season