• Current Donation Goals

Conte Kante

Champions League 2017/18

So, it is the group stage draw today and the pots are as follows: 

Pot 1: Real Madrid (ESP, holders), Bayern München (GER), Juventus (ITA) Benfica (POR), Chelsea (ENG), Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR), Monaco (FRA), Spartak Moskva (RUS)

Pot 2: Barcelona (ESP), Atlético Madrid (ESP), Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Borussia Dortmund (GER), Sevilla (ESP), Manchester City (ENG), Porto (POR), Manchester United (ENG) 

Pot 3: Napoli (ITA), Tottenham Hotspur (ENG), Basel (SUI), Olympiacos (GRE), Anderlecht (BEL), Liverpool (ENG), Roma (ITA), Beşiktaş (TUR)

Pot 4: Celtic (SCO), CSKA Moskva (RUS), Sporting CP (POR), APOEL (CYP), Feyenoord (NED), Maribor (SVN), Qarabağ (AZE), RB Leipzig (GER)

Personally, I would love a group of: 

Chelsea

Dortmund/Porto

Anderlecht/Basle

Celtic/Feyenood

But fear: 

PSG

Napoli

Leipzig

Additionally, what is the money on Utd getting the easiest possible draw, like: 

Spartak

Utd

Anderlecht

Maribor?

I ask as when it comes to European draws 9 times out of 10 it is almost as if they hand pick their draw. 

Edited by Conte Kante

Holymoly   
3 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I ask as when it comes to European draws 9 times out of 10 it is almost as if they hand pick their draw. 

Well they do. You see them picking the balls out of the bowls.  ;-)

Purely for the sake of variety I'd like us to draw Dortmund, but our pick from the second pot is bound to be PSG, Barca or Atletico.

One potential upside of getting a really tough draw is that the football board might stop dicking around and make a serious attempt at player recruitment.

paulw66   

Would love Dortmund. Don't understand how we have managed to avoid them for so many years. 

Anderlecht too - would be a great trip 

paulw66   

All this talk online of "best" and "worst" draws, well frankly if we got the "worst" one, I would chomping at the bit to see some big European nights back at the Bridge. 

My "worst" draw would be if we got the 3 easiest teams from pots 2-4. Dull.

Would like at least one glamour tie, then perhaps one really weak one from 3 or 4. 

Chelsea , Barcelona , Roma , Celtic.

United Benfica Basel Quarabag

just watch

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Chelsea , Barcelona , Roma , Celtic.

United Benfica Basel Quarabag

just watch

Would love it.......think we'd finish 2nd and the atmosphere playing Celtic would be immense. 

Dortmund, Anderlect, Celtic would do me.

Edited by paulw66