• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our  Premier League match against Leicester City at King Power Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday, 9th September, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Courtois

Azpilicueta
Luiz
Rudiger

Moses
Fabregas
Kante
Alonso

Willian
Morata
Pedro

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Drinkwater, Ox, Bakayoko, Hazard, Batshuayi

Finally, a strong bench! Could do with another back up defender and striker and we'll be done*

*Obviously this is based on us signing Drinkwater and Ox

55 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

*Obviously this is based on us signing Drinkwater and Ox

Yes, obviously. Might be an idea to wait until we actually sign the players though, before singing the praises of our bench. Just a thought......:).

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Yes, obviously. Might be an idea to wait until we actually sign the players though, before singing the praises of our bench. Just a thought......:).

It's a fair point, I was trying to bring a bit of optimism.

There have been a lot of odd situations and missed deals this window, not only for us but others too. Personally, I don't know why Ox was a target when he clearly didn't want to play the position Conte wanted him to play (that's partly why he was leaving Arsenal), by the sounds of it we never put a bid in for Llorente, and Barkley was a truly odd situation. I think it's easy to play the 'CHELSEA SNUBBED' card by the sensationalist media; by all accounts Lemar snubbed Arsenal but that got mostly reported as a deal that 'broke down'. Best to take these things with a healthy dose of scepticism. 

Deadline day is a complete circus, and looking at it a bit more objectively (and taking into account the whole window) we've signed Morata from Real Madrid, Bakayoko from a great Monaco side and a promising young defender in Rudiger who has already helped the German national team to a trophy. Then yesterday we got a very useful HG midfielder in Drinkwater (who already has a relationship with Kante and experience winning the league) and, by the sounds of it, some depth at wingback with a player who is a perfect fit for Conte's style. On top of that it looks like Christensen is going to get a chance, Musonda as well perhaps (although to a lesser extent). Yeah we've lost Matic and a few young players which was all genuinely disappointing, but with the guys we've brought into the defence and Luiz's flexibility, we have a few different tactical options that we didn't have last season.

It's obviously not been a huge success, but at the same time it's easy to focus on the negatives and call it a failure. It certainly would've been useful to have a couple more players for even more depth, but it's not the disaster it was looking like at 10 to 11 when Football Focus were reporting the Drinkwater deal looked unlikely, we hadn't announced Zappacosta and I went to bed. :laugh2: Hopefully it's enough to at least keep Conte from walking and he has a squad he can work with. It's still unlikely we can challenge on all fronts, but that's tough regardless of squad size. We all know that trophies aren't won, or bought, in the transfer window, so here's hoping the squad we do have can do us proud. ::ChELSeAFaN::

• Like 2

Ham   
11 minutes ago, Don Antonio said:

There have been a lot of odd situations and missed deals this window, not only for us but others too. Personally, I don't know why Ox was a target when he clearly didn't want to play the position Conte wanted him to play (that's partly why he was leaving Arsenal), by the sounds of it we never put a bid in for Llorente, and Barkley was a truly odd situation. I think it's easy to play the 'CHELSEA SNUBBED' card by the sensationalist media; by all accounts Lemar snubbed Arsenal but that got mostly reported as a deal that 'broke down'. Best to take these things with a healthy dose of scepticism. 

Deadline day is a complete circus, and looking at it a bit more objectively (and taking into account the whole window) we've signed Morata from Real Madrid, Bakayoko from a great Monaco side and a promising young defender in Rudiger who has already helped the German national team to a trophy. Then yesterday we got a very useful HG midfielder in Drinkwater (who already has a relationship with Kante and experience winning the league) and, by the sounds of it, some depth at wingback with a player who is a perfect fit for Conte's style. On top of that it looks like Christensen is going to get a chance, Musonda as well perhaps (although to a lesser extent). Yeah we've lost Matic and a few young players which was all genuinely disappointing, but with the guys we've brought into the defence and Luiz's flexibility, we have a few different tactical options that we didn't have last season.

It's obviously not been a huge success, but at the same time it's easy to focus on the negatives and call it a failure. It certainly would've been useful to have a couple more players for even more depth, but it's not the disaster it was looking like at 10 to 11 when Football Focus were reporting the Drinkwater deal looked unlikely, we hadn't announced Zappacosta and I went to bed. :laugh2: Hopefully it's enough to at least keep Conte from walking and he has a squad he can work with. It's still unlikely we can challenge on all fronts, but that's tough regardless of squad size. We all know that trophies aren't won, or bought, in the transfer window, so here's hoping the squad we do have can do us proud. ::ChELSeAFaN::

Excellent post but did you mean to post in the Leicester match thread?

We should piss this with Kante and Drinkwater in midfield.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

Excellent post but did you mean to post in the Leicester match thread?

Was looking for a deadline day thread but couldnt find it. I am new to this forum