• Current Donation Goals

Ham   
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think your point will continue to miss everyone.

Not everyone unless you now speak on behalf of everyone on here. 

Vinod   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Still missing my point. Let's leave it there. 

I understand it more than you think. Yes the media should be taking the Spurs supporters to task. They should have done that a long time back. Yes, the term  targets the Spurs supporters and not the Jews.

However as soon as you come up with 'but Johnny did it too and the teacher didn't say anything to him' argument, it means that you are somewhere justifying a wrong. It might feel unfair. But you cannot look at this issue in relative terms.

Ham   
14 minutes ago, Vinod said:

I understand it more than you think. Yes the media should be taking the Spurs supporters to task. They should have done that a long time back. Yes, the term  targets the Spurs supporters and not the Jews.

However as soon as you come up with 'but Johnny did it too and the teacher didn't say anything to him' argument, it means that you are somewhere justifying a wrong. It might feel unfair. But you cannot look at this issue in relative terms.

And yet you still think it's ok to keep the N word alive as long as it's between friends.

I suspect you understand my point less than you think.

18 minutes ago, Vinod said:

Yes, I agree with that Vinod.

As another example, Americans who favour the area they call "the South" sometimes defend its history of slavery by pointing out that there was slavery in the Yankee north too. That, of course, even if true, is no defence at all.

Sea foot   

I agree with everything that Vinod says except that it's not what Ham was alluding to.

If I'm right, I think he was saying that if the N word hadn't been "reclaimed" by the black community it would have, more than likely, been forgotten. The spuds use of the word keeps it in the public domain. Using it as a chant against them is quite obviously wrong but them using it all the time about themselves keeps the term alive. These terms tend to die out if not used and heard all the time.

I've not seen anyone on here saying that because they say it then it's ok for everyone to use it.

Ham   
Just now, Sea foot said:

I agree with everything that Vinod says except that it's not what Ham was alluding to.

If I'm right, I think he was saying that if the N word hadn't been "reclaimed" by the black community it would have, more than likely, been forgotten. The spuds use of the word keeps it in the public domain. Using it as a chant against them is quite obviously wrong but them using it all the time about themselves keeps the term alive. These terms tend to die out if not used and heard all the time.

I've not seen anyone on here saying that because they say it then it's ok for everyone to use it.

Precisely.  Thanks. By saying that it was ok to use the N word amongst friends evidenced that Vinod missed my point completely. 

1 hour ago, Sea foot said:

So the point is what then?  Etymology?
Or just an excuse to use some unpleasant words while pretending to be clever?

Ham   

Refreshing to see just how direct we can be this season. We're playing far more like Spurs last season. Early crosses to the six yard box and shots on sight from outside the box.

In recent years we've tried to walk the ball into the net. Morata really has given us real options. 

Bakayoko really is an intimidating presence going forward too.

Happy days.