• Current Donation Goals

Ham   

I honestly don't understand your decision on this. The club is being threatened with an FA enquiry and I copied a link to a very good Daily Mail article and you say this cannot be discussed anywhere on a chelsea forum?

There's moderation and there's plain dictatorship.....

• Like 1

bluehorn   
26 minutes ago, Ham said:

I honestly don't understand your decision on this. The club is being threatened with an FA enquiry and I copied a link to a very good Daily Mail article and you say this cannot be discussed anywhere on a chelsea forum?

Are we able to start a thread on the subject? 

Zoowraa   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

1 hour ago, bluehorn said:

Are we able to start a thread on the subject? 

Does it really warrant a discussion ? I don't get why people want to debate such boring issues, quite a few on here moan about how the media treat us, so why would we want to give it any oxygen and debate it and keep it going ? I'm not disputing some people may find it offensive, I'm sure some do. It's just in this day and age people get dragged into debates on everything, people seem desperate to use their entitlement to an opinion on every single subject/talking point.

We have 6/7 matches coming up in the next three weeks, why would we want to get bogged down discussing, which will lead to arguing, over something that I don't believe many ( including the people debating it) actually find that interesting.

It just baffles me. If you hate the media treatment of us, then just ignore the story and don't fuel it.

Ham   
12 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Does it really warrant a discussion ? I don't get why people want to debate such boring issues, quite a few on here moan about how the media treat us, so why would we want to give it any oxygen and debate it and keep it going ? I'm not disputing some people may find it offensive, I'm sure some do. It's just in this day and age people get dragged into debates on everything, people seem desperate to use their entitlement to an opinion on every single subject/talking point.

We have 6/7 matches coming up in the next three weeks, why would we want to get bogged down discussing, which will lead to arguing, over something that I don't believe many ( including the people debating it) actually find that interesting.

It just baffles me. If you hate the media treatment of us, then just ignore the story and don't fuel it.

I copied a link to an article by Martin Samuel which was very well informed.  It was not attacking Chelsea. 

The link was removed which is why you have no idea of the context of my point. 

If this site is only for discussing matches then fair play. But it isn't. 

No disrespect but neither yourself or Michael should dictate what people should want to discuss/find interesting.

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

I copied a link to an article by Martin Samuel which was very well informed.  It was not attacking Chelsea. 

No disrespect but neither yourself or Michael should dictate what people should want to discuss/find interesting.

Indeed Ham. I thought the points Martin Samuel made in his article to be well thought out and well argued. In no way was he attacking Chelsea... if anything, he admonished Spurs as a club, and to a slightly lesser extent, English football and the Met Police, for allowing Spurs supporters to use that language in the first place.

Edited by Bob Singleton

bluehorn   

Anyone who gives two monkeys about this site knows it needs more intelligent discussion, not less. Let's not become RAWK and block/ban/suppress a subject because a individual deems it 'negative' or not discussion worthy. 

Edited by bluehorn

Zoowraa   
19 minutes ago, Ham said:

I fully understand the context , the MS article supporting/condemning is not relevant to my point. The majority of press reports will be condemning and have a negative slant on the story, so finding one who takes the opposite view is not really my point. 

I'm not trying to dictate what is discussed, I just find it strange that some people need to have an opinion on everything ( not aimed at you or anyone in particular ). Each to their own I guess.

To be honest, I'm someone who is tired of hearing football fans opinions all the time. I meet many clients/customers in my work, football often comes up and everyone has an opinion on Chelsea. I'm at the point where I actually lie about who I support, purely because I'm not interested in their ill informed opinion about Chelsea and debating it with them. I often use Millwall and Leyton Orient as my cover teams, they know nothing about them and strangely don't have an opinion, apart from the obvious with Millwall.

It was not specially a go at you or anyone in particular, just tired of hearing football fans opinion on everything single aspect of the game . 

Maybe it's my problem more than yours.

Sea foot   
1 hour ago, Zoowraa said:

Tbf though, you could do exactly the same with this discussion. Ignore it.

Not having a pop Z, (have no big opinion one way or another) just pointing out that saying that you don't want to read others opinions on a subject then telling the same people to ignore the press and not get involved is a bit of a contradiction.

18 minutes ago, Vinod said:

Burt Bacharach was right 

Was that "What the World needs now is Love sweet Love" ? Or did he write the Morata song?