• Current Donation Goals

jones   

I actually think the next month is not as tough as some try to make it out to be:

Full strength but with a more defensive outlook against Leicester: Courtois - Azpi, Luiz, Rüdiger - Moses, Bakayoko, Kanté, Alonso - Pedro, Morata, Willian

Five changes against Qarabag but still a vastly superior XI: Courtois - Azpi, Luiz, Cahill - Zappacosta, Fabregas, Kanté, Alonso - Pedro, Batshuayi, Hazard

We then have five days before Arsenal, so fitness should not be an issue for anyone then. In the following league cup tie against Forest, we can field a full second string XI that should beat any CH team with ease: Caballero - Clarke-Salter, Christensen, Cahill - Zappacosta, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Kenedy - Pedro, Batshuayi, Musonda.

We then have three tough games against Stoke, Atletico and City, but we have 15 players for 10 positions that can be rotated without much of a drop in quality, so everyone can get a rest if needed.

Vinod   

Vardy looks in good nick. I fully expect Rudiger to start. We need pace in the backline. With Rudiger and Bakayoko replacing Cahill and Matic we have that extra bit agility that will keep us in good stead against quicker teams.

I will be very interested to see how these lot perform against Klopp's press. 

I would not want Hazard to start this one. Maybr come in for the last 30 minutes. Same starting line-up as the one against Everton.

8 hours ago, jones said:

I actually think the next month is not as tough as some try to make it out to be:

Full strength but with a more defensive outlook against Leicester: Courtois - Azpi, Luiz, Rüdiger - Moses, Bakayoko, Kanté, Alonso - Pedro, Morata, Willian

Five changes against Qarabag but still a vastly superior XI: Courtois - Azpi, Luiz, Cahill - Zappacosta, Fabregas, Kanté, Alonso - Pedro, Batshuayi, Hazard

We then have five days before Arsenal, so fitness should not be an issue for anyone then. In the following league cup tie against Forest, we can field a full second string XI that should beat any CH team with ease: Caballero - Clarke-Salter, Christensen, Cahill - Zappacosta, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Kenedy - Pedro, Batshuayi, Musonda.

We then have three tough games against Stoke, Atletico and City, but we have 15 players for 10 positions that can be rotated without much of a drop in quality, so everyone can get a rest if needed.

As mentioned, Willian probably won't be back in London until tomorrow so I don't see him starting. Would have to be Hazard then, unless we play a 3-5-2. Again, it shows the lack of options at AM.

You're right in that the next 4 games are somewhat manageable, but I think your'e underestimating how challenging the proceeding 3 games in 7 days will be. Away to Stoke, away to Atletico, and home against City is a huge challenge. I'd take 2 draws and a win. 

xCELERYx   
47 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

As mentioned, Willian probably won't be back in London until tomorrow so I don't see him starting. Would have to be Hazard then, unless we play a 3-5-2. Again, it shows the lack of options at AM.

You're right in that the next 4 games are somewhat manageable, but I think your'e underestimating how challenging the proceeding 3 games in 7 days will be. Away to Stoke, away to Atletico, and home against City is a huge challenge. I'd take 2 draws and a win. 

352 would be a good shout tbh and one I think would suit us better in this game. That extra midfield body will help hopefully make it harder for Leicester to play balls through those central areas where Vardy can be a handful with his running into the channels. A midfield of Kante, Bakayoko and either Drinkwater or Fabregas would give us a bit of an edge. While we could then utilise Pedro slightly off Morata. 

Then on the bench if we need to impact a game later on we can call on Willian and Hazard to give us a bit more in the attacking third. 

36 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

352 would be a good shout tbh and one I think would suit us better in this game. That extra midfield body will help hopefully make it harder for Leicester to play balls through those central areas where Vardy can be a handful with his running into the channels. A midfield of Kante, Bakayoko and either Drinkwater or Fabregas would give us a bit of an edge. While we could then utilise Pedro slightly off Morata. 

Then on the bench if we need to impact a game later on we can call on Willian and Hazard to give us a bit more in the attacking third. 

Well, generally Leicester play balls over central areas for Vardy to run onto, but I see your point. Would mean Fabregas starts as we'll need his creativity. That would allow us to give Hazard 20 mins at the end and another 60 mins midweek, bringing him closer to full fitness for the Arsenal game.

Interesting to see how Conte juggles. 

16 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

We are only a few games into the season and already it's clear we lack AMs. 

Plural, because you can argue that 4 isn't even enough. I'd say five. For me the perfect said is (seniors):

3 GKs

5 CBs

4 WBs

5 CMs

5AMs

3S

22 senior outfielders. That's a squad you can add RLC and Musonda to. 

Sciatika   

^ Dont see much point in adding RLC and Musinda to that squad. They wont get a game all season.

5 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

^ Dont see much point in adding RLC and Musinda to that squad. They wont get a game all season.

Why not? 

If indeed that would be the case, then at least we know they can't get in on merit. 

But I don't see a very nice environment for the younger players if they are forced to play because of lack of options instead of merit. 

xCELERYx   
18 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Indeed. Too many senior options ahead of them and simply pushes them further down the pecking order.