• Current Donation Goals

Galol   

Fantastic performance. Another 3 points and 3 wins in a row. Not bad start to the season despite all predictions by the doom-and-gloom merchants. 

Did we sign Rudiger this summer? He looks like he's been with us for ages which speaks to his quality. Solid all around defender.

Baka needs time to settle in but his physical presence was telling today. He's strong, mobile and has decent range of passing. But he needs to do better than that awful pass to Morata when Willian was wide open. 

Zappa looks full of energy which he'll need in order to play in RWB. He'll be a decent backup to Moses.

Morata seems to easily get bullied by big defenders, so he needs to up his physical game. But his reading of the game and positioning are so advanced that he'll do well regardless. If goal scoring is the only measure to judge him then he'll do just fine. Three goals in his first 4 PL games is fantastic and at this rate he'll end up with 29 goals in PL alone. 

The rest of the team had average to below par game with the exception Kante. Pedro was anonymous. Azpi and Luiz did nothing wrong except for the terrible back pass by the former. 

United dropping two points at Stoke has made today's result even sweeter.

17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It has indeed but I can't help getting more and more annoyed at the Burnley result.

21 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It has indeed but I can't help getting more and more annoyed at the Burnley result.

Let it go Martin, let it go. We're up and running but there's a lot of improvement left in us yet.

Kezza   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

First real test and they dropped points. Should really learn not to hype themselves up too much. 

Thought we looked fairly comfortable until the penalty. Hung on a bit at the end though we were denied a blatant penalty ourselves. 

Not entirely convincing going forward. Final ball and set pieces were fairly poor. 

Rudiger looks like a solid defender and Bakayoko held things together but was wayward a couple of times. Not sure if he's entirely fit yet.

Kante was superb. What a player he is.

Morata has hit the ground running and looks like an exceptional striker. Once players around him start to pick up his runs he'll do even better.

Good result but should never have turned out as close as it was.

Diddymen   

Wow! Second to last match on MOTD. Last seasons champions v the previous season. Brighton v West Brom ahead of us

Alvaro Morata Chelsea song: Club condemns fans’ chant

Alvaro Morata.
Alvaro Morata.Source: Getty Images

CHELSEA ordered its fans to stop singing a song about striker Alvaro Morata containing an anti-Semitic lyric that was heard during Saturday’s game at Leicester.

The chant references Chelsea supporters’ loathing of Tottenham and features an offensive term to describe Jewish people that they use as a derogatory alternative name for the north London club.

Morata headed in Chelsea’s first goal in a 2-1 victory at Leicester. “I don’t think Antonio was aware of the song,” Chelsea spokesman Steve Atkins said.

Kante haunts old club

Kante haunts old club

1:32

“The club and the players appreciate the fans’ passionate support away from home, of course. But the language in that song is not acceptable at all. “We’ve spoken to Alvaro after the game and he does not want to be connected to that song in any way, and both the player and the club request that the supporters stop singing that song with immediate effect.” A post-match tweet from Morata, who joined Chelsea from Real Madrid in the offseason, vaguely alluded to the outcry about the chant.

“Since I arrived, I have been able to feel your support every single day, you are amazing,” the Spaniard’s Twitter account read, “and I’d like to ask you to please respect everyone!” English soccer’s anti-discrimination body welcomed Chelsea’s swift condemnation and called for a criminal investigation.

“There is no place for such disgusting chants at football matches and in wider society,” Kick It Out said in a statement. “The organization expects Chelsea FC to ban any supporters who are identified as indulging in such abusive conduct and expects the police to take action against any identified perpetrators.”

Ham   

And will the same fuss be made when Spurs fans sing the same word every single week and keep it alive?

It's the same argument as the n word.

Other derogatory words for black people which were used as recently as the 1980s are now gone, forgotten, defunct. Younger generations won't even know the words I'm referring to. 

The n word is the only one which still survives because of how it was "owned" by the victims.  The majority of Spurs fans are not Jewish and so they have absolutely no right to own the word. 

Stop Spurs fans from using the word and it will die out. 

Pleased all round. Sure, I get the criticism we got for not being more productive in the first half but, to be honest, 9 points from 9 against the likes of Spurs, Everton and Leicester is pretty great. I wonder when Morata's gonna score a goal with his feet though? :D