• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea Sign Davide Zappacosta

Sea foot   

Frank Zappa came from Lancaster, California which is where my sister lives. Almost as interesting as your post Mr moly.😉

Dingus   

Looking forward to seeing what he can provide for the team.

Hope he has it in him to try and get ahead of Moses in the pecking order.

Sea foot   
5 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Looking forward to seeing what he can provide for the team.

Hope he has it in him to try and get ahead of Moses in the pecking order.

See Dingus. I know you wanted top quality everywhere, and I'm not going to get into that debate, but having two players of (we hope) decent quality who will be fighting hard for first pick can only be good IMO. And if Conte is as good as I think/hope he is he will get the best from both players.

Welcome to Chelsea FC Davide.

I think this could be a very good signing, if he crosses as well as it looks on the clips I've seen then he will be a great attribute to the team.

Welcome Davide.

Seems a shrewd signing for what is a very demanding position. It's good to have two proper options for the RWB spot and Davide seems a natural in the position. It may take him a little while to settle but some of his attributes (pace, stamina, crossing ability) should hold him in good stead. Am looking forward to seeing what he can offer. 

Watched him against Israel last night. He came on in the second half and Italy immediately improved due to his presence. He replaced Conti as the RB but was quite advanced due to the opposition sitting back. Most of Italy's attacks came form the right with Zappa and Candreva combining often and overloading the defense. Zappa got up and down, contributing in defense and attack, with Candreva staying advanced. 

Zappa's quicker than I initially thought and has a good physical presence. Plays quick one touch football and is aware of when to overlap. Seems a bit one-footed but most FB/WB's are.

To be honest, he looks better than I thought. 

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, A Blue Essien said:

Watched him against Israel last night. He came on in the second half and Italy immediately improved due to his presence. He replaced Conti as the RB but was quite advanced due to the opposition sitting back. Most of Italy's attacks came form the right with Zappa and Candreva combining often and overloading the defense. Zappa got up and down, contributing in defense and attack, with Candreva staying advanced. 

Zappa's quicker than I initially thought and has a good physical presence. Plays quick one touch football and is aware of when to overlap. Seems a bit one-footed but most FB/WB's are.

To be honest, he looks better than I thought. 

I think he'll surprise a few here. 

Looking forward to seeing him play though and delivering Morata a few crosses to feed off in the same way he did with Belotti.

paulw66   

FWIW, I have just got back from Italy and my mates out there were full of praise for Zappacosta. They think he will be a great signing.