• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea sign Danny Drinkwater

Welcome to Chelsea FC.

A good signing I reckon, adds another option in the middle, knows the league, a grafter/battler that will help us win certain types of games. That's not to say he doesn't have quality as well, good all round player.

So here we are again. We try signing three fairly different players and God only knows if these signings are in addition or in replacement to the choices we made.  BTW who the hell thought Barkley was a good idea?  Jeez. 

The problem that most seem to be deliberately ignoring it appears is that Drinkwater is English and we are Chelsea ;  if for some reason he doesn't get his chance in the first team or doesn't provide well enough for the National team We would be once again be screwed by the Press ,  The Fans of every club including our own, AND of course the FA! Followed by us selling him to WHU for pennies on the pound where he will have 3 great seasons for the press to piss a little more. 

Well a 'welcome Mr Drinkwater' is in order! 

Earlier this summer I said that I'd be underwhelmed by a Drinkwater. But he's an interesting addition. If he hits it off here and finds his game and role, he has some qualities for sure. Great passing and very direct. Tenacious and strong. A grafter that can play. Perfect squad player. 

Hopefully he'll be able to play an important role for us over the next few seasons. 

GURJ SS   
On 03/09/2017 at 0:01 PM, jones said:

The most under-rated signing of this window. Excellent addition to the squad. 

I agree, I think he will prove to be a great signing.

Welcome Danny.

Good signing this. Knows the league, played in Europe, and strengthens the options and quality of the squad. We now have 4 very good options in midfield. Can see him improving with quality players around him and can see him developing into a leader as well. 

Probably the most satisfying (non Chelsea) outcome of this whole deal would be Drinkwater starting for England - in central midfield - at the World Cup.