• Current Donation Goals

Sea foot

2017/18 predictions

Rob B   

Really surprised with everyone who has City in the top two.  For me, they are so vulnerable defensively and you can't get away with that in the PL. 

Pep just doesn't set teams up with the aim of being difficult to beat and therefore they'll drop more points than us, United and Spurs.

Ham   
27 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Really surprised with everyone who has City in the top two.  For me, they are so vulnerable defensively and you can't get away with that in the PL. 

Pep just doesn't set teams up with the aim of being difficult to beat and therefore they'll drop more points than us, United and Spurs.

They'll score more than enough goals to make up for their supposed defensive frailties (although I can't see them). 

It's a good point on City and they also have a very small squad. If they lose momentum and suffers a few injuries they may struggle. 

But their squad is just slightly bigger than ours and I'd say the quality of those players is very, very high. 

19 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It's a good point on City and they also have a very small squad. If they lose momentum and suffers a few injuries they may struggle. 

But their squad is just slightly bigger than ours and I'd say the quality of those players is very, very high. 

Yeah, City's attack means they will beat 70% of the league fairly easily as most of them cannot defend either. 

Edited by Conte Kante

On 15/09/2017 at 11:00 PM, Rob B said:

Problem is there are only 1 or teams able to exploit their over priced but average defence, which means come the end of the season its going to mean the ones who take the most points of each other between city utd and chelsea will win it.

Arsenal, Liverpool and spurs are arguably already out of it. City wont drop enough points against little teams to be caught by them. We have to stay on their tails and beat them at the end of sept otherwise I fear we will have the same fate

Zoowraa   
On 9/17/2017 at 9:47 AM, exiledblue said:

Problem is there are only 1 or teams able to exploit their over priced but average defence, which means come the end of the season its going to mean the ones who take the most points of each other between city utd and chelsea will win it.

Arsenal, Liverpool and spurs are arguably already out of it. City wont drop enough points against little teams to be caught by them. We have to stay on their tails and beat them at the end of sept otherwise I fear we will have the same fate

I don't see why people think Spurs are out of it. Sure, their home form has been disappointing, but its much harder to get things right in the PL away from home and they have looked very impressive away from home which will keep them in the hunt.

The home form has to be some sort of mental thing, I just don't see that continuing in the short term, let alone long term. They started a little slower last year but came on really strong in second half of the season.

The law of averages says the home form must surely improve and if you keep picking up regular wins away from home, then it only needs a bit of improvement at home to have them bang in the race imo.

paulw66   
On 9/15/2017 at 4:15 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Don't be silly.
I predict 6th - and he wants to know which 5 teams will be ahead of us - it is a wind up silly question.

Not a wind up at all. If you think we will finish 6th, you must think 5 teams will finish above us. I am asking who you think they will be. 

I don't see Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs finishing above us, all for differing reasons. 

On 9/15/2017 at 8:40 PM, Ham said:

1) Why are you do loath to answer a simply question? If you think we'll be 6th then you must have an idea who'll finish above us.  What's the problem?  I personally believe we'll be top 2. City first, then us or the other way around.

Thank you. 

Sciatika   

I think the away form is partly about teams wanting to play well at Wembley but mainly it is about the lack of impact of fans on the refs (who are usually homers). At Wembley, the fans are further away and have less impact on the ref and so Spurs do not get given every dodgly decision they got last season at WHL. Just count the number of times Dele Alli goes down in the final third if a play as much as breathes in his direction. It's astonishing. Add the way that Dembele, Wanayama, Dier and Vertonghen kick the opposition about and suddenly Spurs are under a lot of pressure at home.

51 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not a wind up at all. If you think we will finish 6th, you must think 5 teams will finish above us. I am asking who you think they will be. 

I don't see Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs finishing above us, all for differing reasons. 

Still a wind up.  But congratulations for presenting an opinion of your own.

paulw66   
47 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I think the away form is partly about teams wanting to play well at Wembley but mainly it is about the lack of impact of fans on the refs (who are usually homers). At Wembley, the fans are further away and have less impact on the ref and so Spurs do not get given every dodgly decision they got last season at WHL. Just count the number of times Dele Alli goes down in the final third if a play as much as breathes in his direction. It's astonishing. Add the way that Dembele, Wanayama, Dier and Vertonghen kick the opposition about and suddenly Spurs are under a lot of pressure at home.

Yeah, it's a combination of things. How often do Burnley or Swansea players get the chance to play at Wembley? 

The bigger pitch certainly affects their pressing game, and quite simply at this moment, Spurs are not much more used to playing their than any other side, so bang goes the familiarity benefit. 

They are a thuggish side, and the atmosphere at WHL was far more intimadating for refs, agreed. 

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Still a wind up.  But congratulations for presenting an opinion of your own.

How is it a wind up?