Chelsea win 3-0

10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Courtois

Rudiger Christensen Cahill

Moses Drinkwater Fabregas Zappacosta

Willian Morata Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Kante, Bakayoko, Willian, Batshuayi

Chelsea win 3-0

Latest news is that Drinkwater has a calf problem so may not make the match-day squad, let alone the starting line-up.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Latest news is that Drinkwater has a calf problem so may not make the match-day squad, let alone the starting line-up.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that, that's a shame. In that case I think it might be Bakayoko and Fabregas in the middle and let Kante get some rest ahead of Arsenal.

Zoowraa   

Some talk about Musonda getting a start, he seems to have alluded that he may be starting on twitter.

Heard Andy Brassel talking about Qarabag on the radio earlier today, he suggested they are not a bad outfit. Expected Chelsea to win but he thought it would be tight and competitive. They may not be the obvious weak link that they look on  paper.

cii99mn1   

Morata and Hazard to rest. Alonso too? And hopefully a start for Musonda. Kante and Fabregas to start to control things in the middle. I suspect Willian will start too. Back three is tricky. Might change to rest players, might want stability. 

3 hours ago, Zoowraa said:

Some talk about Musonda getting a start, he seems to have alluded that he may be starting on twitter.

I'd rather we use players that might start in a proper game given it is so early.  Ideally Drinkwater but I guess he may not be fit.  Certainly Bats, Willian, Cahill, Christensen, Zappacosta, Cabellero.  And I'd like to see Moses tried at AM - he is what I'd expect to see in a PL game if we had injuries.

Cabellero

Cahill  Christensen  Rudiger  

Zappacosta  Fabregas  Bakayoko  Alonso

Moses  Bats   Willian

19 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

19 hours ago, Dingus said:

Hazard will start from the bench as per Don Conte's presser earlier.

Yes, which changes the line up some what. I think we'll see something like this:

Courtois; Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill; Zappa, Cesc, Kante, Alonso; Willian, Michy, Musonda

Cabellero, Azpi, Kenedy, Bakayoko, Hazard, Pedro, Morata

Complete rest for Moses and Luiz. Ideally we can substitute Kante and Alonso (both of whom will start on the weekend) if we're cruising in the second half. 

Rob B   

Hmm I think some people might be expecting too easy a ride. I'd be really surprised if Azpi AND Luiz are rested, and also if Bats AND Musonda play in a front three together

Not necessarily the team I'd play, but I think it'll be

Courtois; Azpi, Christensen, Cahill;  Zappa, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso, Willian, Bats, Pedro

paulw66   

Interesting balance for this one between rotating / resting / players that need minutes and of course, making sure we win.