• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 6 FK Qarabag 0

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'd rather we use players that might start in a proper game given it is so early.  

If one considers tonight as a "proper game" and he starts this game, by definition he becomes a player "that might start in a proper game" 

Sea foot   

Personally, I don't think that you should ever rotate more than three players at any one time regardless of the opposition. It's all about the team performance and if you change too many at one time, you compromise that teamwork. Changing two or three players at a time means that they get to play together without too much disruption. Already we have Cahill and Rudiger who can fight for their place which ups their performance. I'd play Christenson and Zappacosta and if we are doing ok bring Musonda and Bats on after an hour.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

If one considers tonight as a "proper game" and he starts this game, by definition he becomes a player "that might start in a proper game" 

Sure - lets just take the promise of the 16 year old, ignore his performances to date and poor loan last year, and on the basis of one game he becomes a PL ready player.  We can even assume that Conte chose to keep him ahead of Piazon, Abraham, Palmer, Boga, and about half a dozen better players who were packed off because they were behind him in the  pecking order.

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Personally, I don't think that you should ever rotate more than three players at any one time regardless of the opposition. It's all about the team performance and if you change too many at one time, you compromise that teamwork. Changing two or three players at a time means that they get to play together without too much disruption. Already we have Cahill and Rudiger who can fight for their place which ups their performance. I'd play Christenson and Zappacosta and if we are doing ok bring Musonda and Bats on after an hour.

This is also why there's benefits to how Conte coaches and players having very defined roles and tactical structure. There's the ability for players to come in and know exactly what they need to do without disrupting the side overall when multiple changes are made. Having more usable depth is also beneficial. 

We've got flexibility across the CB positions where we can realistically play any combination and be strong. We're a little more limited at WB but having Zappacosta gives us at least a solid RWB alternative. At CM we have 4 fairly interchangeable options, although Drinkwater misses this game. AM we have 3 very strong options and the promising Musonda. With Michy upfront capable of doing a solid job. There's no reason we cannot make a number of changes in this sort of came and still come away with the win because we'll still see a strong team out there. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sure - lets just take the promise of the 16 year old, ignore his performances to date and poor loan last year, and on the basis of one game he becomes a PL ready player.  We can even assume that Conte chose to keep him ahead of Piazon, Abraham, Palmer, Boga, and about half a dozen better players who were packed off because they were behind him in the  pecking order.

Moses had 2 poor loans out of 3, looked like an outcast, now look at him. 

Let's see what he can do before ruling him out (or in) 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Moses had 2 poor loans out of 3, looked like an outcast, now look at him. 

Let's see what he can do before ruling him out (or in) 

Some chap called Harry Kane had some pretty disappointing loan spells outside of the Premier League as well, he's doing alright now apparently 

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is someone here claiming Musonda is good enough to start a PL game then?  Speak up.

Yeh. I'd give it a go

Zoowraa   
7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is someone here claiming Musonda is good enough to start a PL game then?  Speak up.

I think the point is we don't actually know as yet. Just because he hasn't started one to date , does not mean he is not good enough too.

He still looks very slight in size and frame, so against a lesser team on paper and a slower tempo/physicality of the game (rather than cut n thrust of PL game) suggests this match at home could be a good opportunity for him.

Galol   
49 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He IS good enough. Whether he'll rise to the occasion and fulfill his promise is another matter.