And right on cue!

Ham   
5 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

And right on cue!

I'm taking all of the credit for both. 

Just now, Ham said:

I'm taking all of the credit for both. 

Quite right too

Not impressed with Batshauyi at all tonight. Might seem an odd thing to say with the fact that he's got 2 goals now, but he's looked off the pace for most of the match against a very poor team. Even the goals - no. 5 and 6 of a comfortable routine win, weren't great. First was almost straight at the keeper with the whole goal to aim at, and the second was scrappy, he almost screwed it up and it's actually been given as an own goal now. Hardly the unerring finishes of a top-class striker.

Edited by sharve25_blueheart

Well, weak opposition for sure, but 6-0 is 6-0 after all.

Batman has been really really poor and has done nothing that makes me think he is going to be a player that can make a real mark. As I have said before, his finishing is fairly decent but his movement is comically poor, I mean he literally does not make any off the ball runs - see Willian willing him to do so around the 20 minute mark and him just jogging alongside the CB - while for some really strange reason he does not seem to be able to anticipate anything and only moves once the ball has been played. If Morata gets injured we are in real trouble. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sharve25_blueheart said:

Not impressed with Batshauyi at all tonight. Might seem an odd thing to say with the fact that he's got 2 goals now, but he's looked off the pace for most of the match against a very poor team. Even the goals - no. 5 and 6 of a comfortable routine win, weren't great. First was almost straight at the keeper with the whole goal to aim at, and the second was scrappy, he almost screwed it up and it's actually been given as an own goal now. Hardly the unerring finishes of a top-class striker.

A little unfair. Of all the positions, the one with the most pressure and the one where confidence, or lack of it, makes a huge difference is striker. You can build confidence with a run of games. Batshuayi gets few games, and as such, for all the training players do with team-mates, he is always going to look "off the pace" on the rare occasions he does get to play. I think at times he was almost trying too hard, such was his desperation to score.

Vinod   

Michy tried; but seemed to try outlandish flicks or to turn the last defender. Both unlikely to come off. He rarely faced the last defender with the ball.