• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 6 FK Qarabag 0

Kezza   

Contrary opinion. Willian was frustrating. It's no wonder his assists numbers are so low. He doesn't see a quick open chance or simply loses the ball when it comes near the box.

Call me a crazy fool but I don't think we've seen the last of Costa in a Chelsea shirt. The spanish window is closed and surely even Costa knows that he can't just rock up at AM in January totally un-match fit with his little beer belly and expect to walk into the team. And does he want to get picked for the Spanish squad this season?  A world cup is looming.

Ham   
3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Call me a crazy fool but I don't think we've seen the last of Costa in a Chelsea shirt. The spanish window is closed and surely even Costa knows that he can't just rock up at AM in January totally un-match fit with his little beer belly and expect to walk into the team. And does he want to get picked for the Spanish squad this season?  A world cup is looming.

You crazy fool Nobly 😮

Zoowraa   
9 hours ago, chelboy said:

It might sound weird but I think Bats needs to concentrate on not trying to score so much. Its like he always feels the need to move in a forward direction and shoot. He needs to play with the others around him and look up more. The second he gets the ball around the box he is always thinking of making a way to find space to shoot. Sometimes there are better options. His performances remind me of Sturridge when he was a bench player here, trying to do too much to impress and always thinking to shoot when near the box so they can get that goal that makes their performance seem better than it was. If Bats becomes more of a team player he will be useful.

I think you raise some valid points. He is too concerned on scoring, probably in part because he feels he needs to make an impact at limited opportunities. However, if he showed more attributes in general play, then he probably would get more opportunities.

He seems a top guy and have felt for a while that his personality and likability, creates a will for him to do well from the fans. However, he is just not up to it at present and super sub when chasing a goal is the only role I see for him in key matches. He would offer far more if he actually showed some movement, rather than playing in a 15 yard square 

Very good performance. Qarabag lack quality but not desire. They worked hard, pressed high, and passed the ball well enough, if overdoing it a tad. Their lack of quality showed in the final 3rd of both ends, but they're a decent little side that will be tricky to play against on their home patch.

We had to be sharp and work hard ourselves. We pressed in packs constantly forcing turnovers with opportunities opening up. We played with sharpness and confidence, with the 5 changes showing no signs of discord. We look a team, regardless of who the individuals are.

Having said that, I was particularly impressed with some of the individuals. Christensen is a complete Rolls Royce of a defender. Just oozes class. Difficult to believe he's just 21. He actually reminds me a bit of Bonucci. He'll face much harder tests but he has it all. We need to tie him down to a longer contract.

Was impressed by Zappacosta as well. He's quick, fairly strong, and direct. A proper WB. Doesn't seem to lack confidence either and that goal will endear him to the supporters. He'll face tougher tests too but it's nice have another proper option at WB.

Can understand the criticism of Michy, even if it's a little harsh. We expect a lot from our strikers and he does struggle at times in his hold up play.  But he scores goals, works hard, and will get better with more playing time. He's played less than 10 full games in terms of minutes for us, so let's cut the lad a bit of slack?

Speaking of cutting slack, let's talk about Willian. I know he can be frustrating and his final ball is sometimes wasteful, but let's enjoy what he brings to the table. His touch, acceleration, balance, and body strength is an absolute joy to watch. He's an extraordinarily gifted and natural footballer when in full flow. He is very important to us. 

All in all, an enjoyable and easy reintroduction to the CL. I thought Conte's subs were spot on too, giving Kante and Pedro a rest.  I would have rested Alonso instead of Azpi, but seeing as Alonso has supernatural stamina, I can see why he was kept on. Onwards.

xCELERYx   
56 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Very good performance. Qarabag lack quality but not desire. They worked hard, pressed high, and passed the ball well enough, if overdoing it a tad. Their lack of quality showed in the final 3rd of both ends, but they're a decent little side that will be tricky to play against on their home patch.

We had to be sharp and work hard ourselves. We pressed in packs constantly forcing turnovers with opportunities opening up. We played with sharpness and confidence, with the 5 changes showing no signs of discord. We look a team, regardless of who the individuals are.

Having said that, I was particularly impressed with some of the individuals. Christensen is a complete Rolls Royce of a defender. Just oozes class. Difficult to believe he's just 21. He actually reminds me a bit of Bonucci. He'll face much harder tests but he has it all. We need to tie him down to a longer contract.

Was impressed by Zappacosta as well. He's quick, fairly strong, and direct. A proper WB. Doesn't seem to lack confidence either and that goal will endear him to the supporters. He'll face tougher tests too but it's nice have another proper option at WB.

Can understand the criticism of Michy, even if it's a little harsh. We expect a lot from our strikers and he does struggle at times in his hold up play.  But he scores goals, works hard, and will get better with more playing time. He's played less than 10 full games in terms of minutes for us, so let's cut the lad a bit of slack?

Speaking of cutting slack, let's talk about Willian. I know he can be frustrating and his final ball is sometimes wasteful, but let's enjoy what he brings to the table. His touch, acceleration, balance, and body strength is an absolute joy to watch. He's an extraordinarily gifted and natural footballer when in full flow. He is very important to us. 

All in all, an enjoyable and easy reintroduction to the CL. I thought Conte's subs were spot on too, giving Kante and Pedro a rest.  I would have rested Alonso instead of Azpi, but seeing as Alonso has supernatural stamina, I can see why he was kept on. Onwards.

Was looking as his overall minutes played for us in the league so far - 321 minutes total. In which he's netted 5 goals. Pretty much on par with his record at Marseille which was 3819 minutes for a return of 24 goals across his league career there. Also had 9 assists on top of that. 

There's certainly ability there. IMO a lot of it  comes down to finding his feet and being utilised in a more complimentary manner and not being expected to replicate the style of Costa.

Edited by xCELERYx
Spelling.

I caught the game only via a repeat so a bit late on this one. Thought we were great. Not quite getting the criticism of Michy as I felt he was involved and very eager to get on the score sheet (a good thing IMO).

I am really pleased with the team overall. I know that its early days but, IMO, we look a better side defensively than last season... Certainly a lot of quality in terms of competition in Zappa, Moses, Azpili, Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill and Alonso. 

I am hardly seeing anything positive being written about us to be honest and a lot of praise for Tottenham, United, City, and Liverpool but here we are 4 convincing wins in a row... Not saying we are favourites but we are certainly doing well at the moment. Long may it continue!

3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I caught the game only via a repeat so a bit late on this one. Thought we were great. Not quite getting the criticism of Michy as I felt he was involved and very eager to get on the score sheet (a good thing IMO).

I am really pleased with the team overall. I know that its early days but, IMO, we look a better side defensively than last season... Certainly a lot of quality in terms of competition in Zappa, Moses, Azpili, Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill and Alonso. 

I am hardly seeing anything positive being written about us to be honest and a lot of praise for Tottenham, United, City, and Liverpool but here we are 4 convincing wins in a row... Not saying we are favourites but we are certainly doing well at the moment. Long may it continue!

I quite like us being "under the radar" so to speak.

Last night on ITV's Champions League highlights show we were very low in the running order (admittedly because they showed highlights of all the Wednesday games first) and it was a subject brought up by Mark Pougatch, that we were "under the radar", to which Roy Keane replied he couldn't understand why, as we were one of the strongest teams in the competition with a balanced squad of very experienced players and a great manager.

52 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I quite like us being "under the radar" so to speak.

Last night on ITV's Champions League highlights show we were very low in the running order (admittedly because they showed highlights of all the Wednesday games first) and it was a subject brought up by Mark Pougatch, that we were "under the radar", to which Roy Keane replied he couldn't understand why, as we were one of the strongest teams in the competition with a balanced squad of very experienced players and a great manager.

I don't think that anyone in the media has actually realised we won the league last year yet so it might take them a while to latch onto the fact that we're a half way decent side.

Funny really because they're all over the Costa leaving Conte under pressure Burnley loss.

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't think that anyone in the media has actually realised we won the league last year yet so it might take them a while to latch onto the fact that we're a half way decent side.

True - in fact we have a great set of first team players for the fifth season now, and even Chelsea fans are taking their time to notice.

Edited by Droy was my hero