• Current Donation Goals

11 minutes ago, bluehorn said:

I'm not telling you how to post. I will point out however that again you have come into this thread exaggerating legitimate concerns/opinions in an attempt to belittle the points made. 

It is how he operates.  

Ham   

Not going to reply to each of you individually. You have all had the entire summer to make the same points about squad depth and there's nothing we can do until January. Most of that conversation could and should have taken place in the transfer thread anyway. 

It's been said before that the match day thread is heaving when we've not played well. Tumbleweeds when we're winning. 

We weren't paying against league 2 opposition on Sunday. That people thought we should have battered Arsenal is the root of the disappointment on here.  Despite our history against them in the past 15 years, with the 11 they started with and the options off the bench, a draw was not a massive shock. They've virtually a full, fit squad now. They didn't against Liverpool.

We are third, right behind the Manchester clubs which is precisely where we should be in my opinion.

We can't outspend them.  That's a fact.

Oh and Droy.... I thought you were firmly against the old ad hominem stuff? Me? I don't care either way but just worried that your standards might be slipping.

My opinion on the game.... We were nowhere near as bad as many have said although we definitely should have lined up with Baka, Fab and Kante with one of Pedro or Willian on the bench. 

But for better finishing, particularly from Hazard near the end, we could have won that. Until Luiz went off I was convinced we'd get a late winner.

As you were.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I thought you were firmly against the old ad hominem stuff?

Me?  No - I take the view that if a guy is an idiot or a liar you have to call him that - but you also have to put the right alternative or true version across too.  
It is ducking out of taking a view while mocking someone else's that I find cowardly.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

We were nowhere near as bad as many have said

Not many said that.  As has been pointed out repeeatedly.

paulw66   
7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're following the Arsenal blueprint and look how well that's going. Top stuff.

I can't make out if this is sarcasm or not? 

We are champions, and were 2 seasons ago and they haven't won it since 2004. 

Ham   
58 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Me?  No - I take the view that if a guy is an idiot or a liar you have to call him that - but you also have to put the right alternative or true version across too.  

It is ducking out of taking a view while mocking someone else's that I find cowardly.

So to clarify, are you calling me an idiot and/or a liar and/or a coward?

I can never tell what point you're trying to make. 

58 minutes ago, Ham said:

So to clarify, are you calling me an idiot and/or a liar and/or a coward?

I can never tell what point you're trying to make. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not many said that.  As has been pointed out repeeatedly.

A liar in that post.  

Ham   
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

A liar in that post.  

Hold on. I said that many said we played badly in the Arsenal game. 

How on earth is that a lie?

Read the thread and then apologise. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I can't make out if this is sarcasm or not? 

We are champions, and were 2 seasons ago and they haven't won it since 2004. 

Nah . Arsenal famously don't give contracts to players over 31 and despite them never winning anything we've decided that was a great idea and now as demonstrated by Droy and Dave above we have , Luiz , Pedro , Fabregas et al fast approaching that milestone  and no indication whatsoever that the board are going to put their hands in their pockets , we're absolutely fine now but it appears to be a house of cards ready to fall at any time .

xCELERYx   
8 hours ago, Ham said:

Not going to reply to each of you individually. You have all had the entire summer to make the same points about squad depth and there's nothing we can do until January. Most of that conversation could and should have taken place in the transfer thread anyway. 

It's been said before that the match day thread is heaving when we've not played well. Tumbleweeds when we're winning. 

We weren't paying against league 2 opposition on Sunday. That people thought we should have battered Arsenal is the root of the disappointment on here.  Despite our history against them in the past 15 years, with the 11 they started with and the options off the bench, a draw was not a massive shock. They've virtually a full, fit squad now. They didn't against Liverpool.

We are third, right behind the Manchester clubs which is precisely where we should be in my opinion.

We can't outspend them.  That's a fact.

Oh and Droy.... I thought you were firmly against the old ad hominem stuff? Me? I don't care either way but just worried that your standards might be slipping.

My opinion on the game.... We were nowhere near as bad as many have said although we definitely should have lined up with Baka, Fab and Kante with one of Pedro or Willian on the bench. 

But for better finishing, particularly from Hazard near the end, we could have won that. Until Luiz went off I was convinced we'd get a late winner.

As you were.

Well said.

I hope we see more of a 352 in games like that where the extra man in midfield can make a difference. Hopefully once Drinkwater is fully fit it becomes more of a go-to option. For me, it's the better of the two formations overall. 

kev61   
53 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Well said.

I hope we see more of a 352 in games like that where the extra man in midfield can make a difference. Hopefully once Drinkwater is fully fit it becomes more of a go-to option. For me, it's the better of the two formations overall. 

"352" is not going to solve the problem or any other formation.our inability to do the basiics right is the elephant in the room.If, as you say basics have nothing to do with the training ground then I think it will be hard to reach common ground.The training ground is EXACTLY where you start.

If a player cannot do the basics right get rid of him.Mikel for me was the perfect example IMO.The arsenal debacle(and it was)hopefully was a blip,however what I witnessed was a team with no skill no cohesion and the fluency of treacle.I also know we are building and I have faith in Conte - but we looked as bad as anytime under Mourhino.