• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 13:30, Sunday, 17th September, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

I think it's fair to say they're due a whooping , lets not disappoint .

Vinod   

I have a feeling Wenger will go with a solitary holding midfielder and play with 3 attacking midfielder a behind the striker - Alexis, Ozil and Welbeck behind Lacazatte. The safe choice for us is to go with a similar lineup as against Spurs. I'd rather we keep it tight in the first half and bring in the cavalry in the second half. My concern is Morata's fitness. If he can maintain his energy for 90 minutes, I'd want us to go with 5-3-2 else the usual 5-2-3. 

The fact that Arsenal play on Thursday night will have an effect on the game. 

I reckon Conte has a few decisions to make here.

Moses or Zappacosta, Pedro/Willian or Hazard, Bakayoko or Fabregas and Cahill or Christensen/Rudiger. 

Love the fact that we have four question marks instead of the two we had last season (Fabregas or Matic and Willian or Pedro).

4-0. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I reckon Conte has a few decisions to make here.

Moses or Zappacosta, Pedro/Willian or Hazard, Bakayoko or Fabregas and Cahill or Christensen/Rudiger. 
4-0. 

Right.
For me, Zappacosta is ahead of Moses - if only because the smile I could see on his face on Chelsea TV today was as big as the smile I could see in his play from the far corner of Shed Upper.
Willian is ahead of Pedro (now that he has learnt the elastico and can go both ways at last) (and we are both assuming Hazard is fit enough for Conte.
Christensen>Cahill>Rudiger but it is very marginal and based on just a couple of games for Christensen.
And not having Fabregas for 90 mins, is like reducing our score by 2 goals.

But Conte is not me - so I expect Moses, Cahill, Willian and Babayoko to start.  And Morata!
But interesting decisions, all of them.

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Love the fact that we have four question marks instead of the two we had last season (Fabregas or Matic and Willian or Pedro).

We have 4 question marks.  We had a lot more mid september last season, plenty of choice.  It may be that by early October we discover that Conte has no questions in his mind at all.  Or there maybe a couple of injuries which gives none of us any choice.

xCELERYx   

I expect to see much the same side we usually field and think the only two real decisions Conte needs to make will be if Cahill returns, and if we go two or three in midfield. Although, wouldn't be shocked if Fabregas ends up at AM with Kante and Bakayoko at CM like we saw at Leicester. 

Don't think Arsenal will be as awful as they were against Liverpool. For one, they'll start both of their new signings (Lacazette and Kolasinac) which immediately makes them better. Additionally, Sanchez will be closer to full fitness so all in all they'll be a tougher proposition.

I think the game will be won in midfield and so I believe Conte will go with Kante and Bakayoko. In fact, there's only really one question mark for me and that's if Hazard starts. If he does, then I'm convinced we'll line up like this:

Courtois; Azpi, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kante, Bakayoko, Alonso; Pedro, Morata, Hazard

Caballero, Rudiger, Christensen, Zappa, Cesc, Willian, Michy

bert19   

I'd start Rudiger ahead of Cahill...

15 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I'd start Rudiger ahead of Cahill...

I think I would too , which I never thought I'd be thinking .