• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 5 Nottingham Forest 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our EFL Cup match against Nottingham Forest at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Wednesday, 20th September, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Rob B   

Willy; Azpi, Christensen, Clarke-Salter;  Zappa, Kante, Bakayoko, Alonso; Hazard, Michy, Musonda

Obviously no David Luiz, whilst Conte has all but confirmed Hazard starts. I'm hopeful of seeing Musonda and JCS, although I think Conte will start Cahill/Rudiger instead, regarding the latter.

Alonso could really do with a rest but I just don't rate Kenedy at all. Shame Drinkwater isn't fit for this one too. 

Caballero; Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill; Zappacosta, Kante, Bakayoko, Kenedy; Musonda, Bats, Hazard 

Alonso should not start this. 

jones   
7 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Caballero; Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill; Zappacosta, Kante, Bakayoko, Kenedy; Musonda, Bats, Hazard 

Alonso should not start this. 

Almost. I would give Kanté a rest and use Cesc instead. Usually the problems in these games are related to opening up tight defenses, so it makes sense from that perspective also. Shame Drinkwater is injured. Think clarke-salter is an outsider to start, although neither of Cahill, Rudiger and Christensen is in need of a rest.

Am I alone in having no interest in this competition ?

Over the last few seasons we've been one of the only clubs who play an almost full strength side in these games .

Give the media what they want , play the fringe players , rest Alonso , rest Azpi , rest Courtois , play Cahill so we don't have to see him against Stoke teamed with Alonso again . Fill the gaps with sixteen year olds and get knocked out asap 

Give 'em the Chelsea in crisis stories they crave.

42 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Am I alone in having no interest in this competition ?

Err, £25 a ticket, no membership required (sold now I gather).
That is why I am going.  

34 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Err, £25 a ticket, no membership required (sold now I gather).
That is why I am going.  

Well , I sincerely hope you enjoy it .

Ando   

I'd go for:

Wily
JCS Christensen Cahill
Zappa Fabregas Bakayoko Kenedy
Musonda Michy Hazard

Rest for guys like Azpilicueta, Morata, Kante, Alonso is important.

Edited by Ando

I'd play Willian just to justify his wages for once.

14 hours ago, jones said:

Almost. I would give Kanté a rest and use Cesc instead. Usually the problems in these games are related to opening up tight defenses, so it makes sense from that perspective also. Shame Drinkwater is injured. Think clarke-salter is an outsider to start, although neither of Cahill, Rudiger and Christensen is in need of a rest.

Yes, that's what I'd go with. JCS could be on the bench, perhaps a spot for Sterling as well.

Caballero; Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill; Zappa, Baka, Cesc, Kenedy; Musonda, Michy, Hazard

Eduardo, JCS, Sterling, Scott, Moses, Willian, Morata