• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our  Premier League match against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday, 14th October, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

So no points no goals for Palace.

Everyone handing the 3 points to Chelsea already.

Dangerous game, if Morata is not fit I hope Bats starts as he might actually show some desire unlike Hazard as an unwilling no 9.

1 hour ago, GURJ SS said:

Kante just went off injured for France.

Hamstring, it seems. 😞

We don't want to lose Kante for any length of time, especially with Drinkwater already out.

I'd be surprised if Morata starts even if passed fit, as it surely isn't worth the long term risk in this game.

I have a lot of Palace mates and so it feels absolutely nailed on that they'll get their 1st goal of the season against us and wouldn't put it past them getting first points too!

Hate these games, where everyone has us as winning before a balls kicked.

7 games in 2 weeks again:
mathces.PNG.23406f36b16bc26527f54131c49ffe95.PNG

3 of those games require the best team available - certainly Kante and Morata must be prepared with priority for those games .
They are Roma home and away (by when hopefully the CL group stage will be sorted) and the last game at home to Man U.

The other 5 should all be winnable with a reduced team (though Watford are only 1 point behind us in the league, and are W3D1L0 in away games so far).  Lets face it if we can't win most of the rest short of a couple of players the whole season will be a struggle.

I think you mean 5 games in 2 weeks or 7 games in 3 weeks.

But agree with your overall point - if we can't rotate and win for some of those games the season is in danger. 

So... what team are we realistically looking at here?

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Rudiger; Moses, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Alonso; Pedro, Bats, Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Cahill, Zappacosta, Kenedy, Musonda Jr, Willian

I don't think Rudiger has sealed a place yet in this team.  Cahill for me.  Plus of course they may well find more injuries have occurred by the time they all get back.