• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

World Cup 2018

Sciatika   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

Genuine question......

Any tech-savvy members know how I can mute Mark Lawrenson specifically from BBC commentary?

🙉

Sadly there is no filter for that. I would call it the no-sole filter. A commentator filter would be good so we just get crowd noise or even better no commentator AND a choice where the mike is located.

Sea foot   

In this day and age with the technological advances we have surely we can press a button which gets rid of the commentary and leave the crowd noise. I won't pay for Sky etc but would pay for a mute button.

Ham   
9 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

In this day and age with the technological advances we have surely we can press a button which gets rid of the commentary and leave the crowd noise. I won't pay for Sky etc but would pay for a mute button.

There's a channel called Goal Rush which is available through certain subscription services and at half time and full time they show you the highlights of each game with just crowd noise.  It's wonderful.

There should be an option nowadays, agreed. 

I remember when Sky had it as an option, and it was sublime. Why did they remove it? We'll never know ...

1 hour ago, Sea foot said:

A Replay symbol would be nice too.  By all means repeat goals from 20 mins earlier, but a big R replay symbol in one of the corners seems like a great new improvement.

So far Moses has dived more times in the World Cup than Tom Daley did in the Olympics

• Like 1

(from Telegraph commentary:
Yellow card for Brozovic. Moses has another chance to hit a free-kick into the box. 
Where's the urgency? Nigeria have about four minutes left to get anything out of this match. Moses has been really impressive tonight on the right wing but he needs help. 

Really surprised to find Moses has been playing RW (or was it LW?) been impressive apparently, and most of all taking the free kicks.

Anyone watching - has he been that good?

41 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really surprised to find Moses has been playing RW (or was it LW?) been impressive apparently, and most of all taking the free kicks.

Anyone watching - has he been that good?

He's been their best player but dived so much it was embarrassing. Nigeria were awful.

kev61   

Watching the highlights from today  my adopted team Iceland are incredible, a nation of 300,000 people that shut out the mighty Messi and co.As for commentary I watch a portuguese stream because I can follow some of what they are saying without wanting to strangle the commentator,unlike listening to Martin Keown - he comes across as someone poked with a stick to say something and when he does say something it is as interesting as  listening to Garth Crooks on a Saturday afternoon.

Sea foot   

Watching the Germany Mexico game on the red button. Proper radio commentary and Pat Nevin making intelligent points without the point scoring of lesser "experts".