• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

World Cup 2018

Bring on Croatia or Russia ! A semi in Moscow against Russia would be amazing . 

However I think Croatia are too strong for both of us .

3 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Great result, even though Sweden were pathetic, I despair at anyone who said they were a good team.  They are not, beating the worst ever Dutch and Italian sides in qualifying does not make you a good side.  In the final game of the quarter finals, I think Croatia will have too much quality for Russia, who have done well to get this far, they're certainly better than Sweden, even Japan were better than Sweden, but they unluckily lost to Belgium.  That semi final between France and Belgium will be quite something to watch.

It does remind me of Conte's winning season where half-decent teams rolled over and appeared to be awful against us.  Something was going on, there is something England was doing right today.

on Croatia, Russia, France and Belgium I agree.  The winner of France-Belgium ought  to win the final

Jasonb   

I get the feeling that the running of Delli Alli, Lingard and Sterling just shut down the opposition. You don't see it on TV as they don't have the ball yet it stops the opposition playing effectively. 

7 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I get the feeling that the running of Delli Alli, Lingard and Sterling just shut down the opposition. You don't see it on TV as they don't have the ball yet it stops the opposition playing effectively. 

Defending with AMs and set pieces.  The difference between Conte sides and Conte+Steve Holland sides.

Sterling terrified them without achieving anything concrete.

Jasonb   
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Defending with AMs and set pieces.  The difference between Conte sides and Conte+Steve Holland sides.

Sterling terrified them without achieving anything concrete.

He did too, in that 1st half I recall he had the ball on the left side of the pitch near their penalty area with four defenders trying to close him down and he feeds it out to Young. 

Such a pity he is not a natural goal scorer.

Sterling is a funny one , football wise  he's playing poorly but his actual contribution via work rate and frightening the opposition is immense .

Ham   
46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sterling is a funny one , football wise  he's playing poorly but his actual contribution via work rate and frightening the opposition is immense .

It's a shame Usain Bolt isn't English. He's even faster.

Sterling is such a limited footballer it's frightening. 

Sorry, but Stirling is still another SWP.

As for Russia, maybe playing at home is having a Denmark ( Euro '92 ) effect. 

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is ok.  You have time to drive to Salisbury, park, have a nice meal, and go for a wonder before you even notice the symptoms of death in 30 seconds.  

And we'd look great for the finals.

Image result for novichok before and after

After what that poor woman has been through, she has to put up with c*** like this.

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

It's a shame Usain Bolt isn't English. He's even faster.

Sterling is such a limited footballer it's frightening. 

8 minutes ago, Don Keebles said:

Sorry, but Stirling is still another SWP.

As for Russia, maybe playing at home is having a Denmark ( Euro '92 ) effect. 

Oh yeah , he's not playing well at all but still seems to be making a contribution by tieing up the defenders , football-wise he's diabolical !