• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

World Cup 2018

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

I thought Eden was quite good. It was a more mature performance from him, where he lead the team and tried to take responsibility. It was KDB and Lukaku that let them down massively.  

KDB has had a dreadful World Cup.

He has never looked like a player that you build a side around. He's the type of player that needs a team around him to be effective. At City he can do what ever he wants. For Belgium he needs to adhere to the team structure. Immediately his effectiveness goes down. He is rarely very good for Belgium imo. 

Actually I thought he was pretty good too , unfortunately he was treated by France like the EPL treat him for Chelsea to choke the space around him so he could never "really" get going.

In saying he was a peripheral figure I meant that he was largely kept quiet by the French . not his fault. 

The rest of the Belgian midfield were no help whatsoever . KDB was terrible. 

I've not been this concerned about a semi since I watched "Brokeback Mountain".

• Haha 1

Ham   
13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've not been this concerned about a semi since I watched "Brokeback Mountain".

😅👏👏👏👏

Alli dead on his feet and STILL no RLC 

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Alli dead on his feet and STILL no RLC 

Has been picked purely on reputation because he's been awful for 6 months. 

Southgate is getting far too much credit for the easiest run to a final ever. 

If they don't go through this is an abject failure as opposed to a glorious defeat. 

Glad that's over!

42 minutes ago, Ham said:

Has been picked purely on reputation because he's been awful for 6 months. 

Southgate is getting far too much credit for the easiest run to a final ever. 

If they don't go through this is an abject failure as opposed to a glorious defeat. 

I don't know mate , look at that side , there's no depth whatsoever and the first eleven with Ashley Young and Dier is ropey as **** .

Leo91   

Croatia are a good side. All this talk of England having a once in a lifetime opportunity would have also been said in the Croatia dressing room. What this World Cup is really about is England breaking some demons of yesteryear. Use this as a building block in playing to a system instead of picking names and putting them out on the pitch in a random order and then crumbling under pressure.

9 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Croatia are a good side. All this talk of England having a once in a lifetime opportunity would have also been said in the Croatia dressing room. What this World Cup is really about is England breaking some demons of yesteryear. Use this as a building block in playing to a system instead of picking names and putting them out on the pitch in a random order and then crumbling under pressure.

Have I missed something?  I agree that we have played to a system without stars.  But I'd have said that that was just a result of there not being any England stars anymore.  Well Kane aside.

It was wonderful while it lasted. It appears the whole nation has got behind the team in a way that hasn't happened since 96. 

The easiest run ever, we only played one decent side and got soundly beaten, but it was thoroughly enjoyable.