• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

World Cup 2018

Leo91   

Oh definitely. Only beat Panama, Tunisia and a rugged Sweden. Columbia should have really beaten us if they weren't so hellbent on gamesmanship. 

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've not been this concerned about a semi since I watched "Brokeback Mountain".

post of the year

So what happens on Saturday in the 3rd place game against Belgium.  Do we both give the first teams a run out?  

Jasonb   

Kane was poor tonight, off the pace.

I also though RLC might have done a job for us instead of either Alli or Lingard in the 2nd half or ET.

Out of the group stages we rarely created a chance in open play the attacking players of HK, RS, JL, DL just never really connected in front of goal, like they were strangers.

Jasonb   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So what happens on Saturday in the 3rd place game against Belgium.  Do we both give the first teams a run out?  

I would say play all the players that have not played that want to and then the others.

kev61   
16 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I thought Eden was quite good. It was a more mature performance from him, where he lead the team and tried to take responsibility. It was KDB and Lukaku that let them down massively.  

KDB has had a dreadful World Cup.

He has never looked like a player that you build a side around. He's the type of player that needs a team around him to be effective. At City he can do what ever he wants. For Belgium he needs to adhere to the team structure. Immediately his effectiveness goes down. He is rarely very good for Belgium imo. 

I agree KDB was very poor in this tournament and the same can be said of Sterling for England.They are players that need good players around them.The last time England were in the semi's my favourite manager of all time (Bobby Robson) was in charge and that team would have wiped the floor with the current team.

it's a young England team and they will improve - however I don't see up and coming world beaters.

Holymoly   

Obviously the ITV curse will be blamed for the demise of the national team however in reality it was the lack of a striker and a creative midfielder. Kane seemed to be operating out of midfiled most of the time, probably due to the lack of the aforementioned midfielder, however this meant that Sterling effectively became the striker, and unfortunately the word "effective" does not sit easily on that young man's shoulders.

Ham   
6 hours ago, kev61 said:

I agree KDB was very poor in this tournament and the same can be said of Sterling for England.They are players that need good players around them.The last time England were in the semi's my favourite manager of all time (Bobby Robson) was in charge and that team would have wiped the floor with the current team.

It's a young England team and they will improve - however I don't see up and coming world beaters.

Agreed. This team aren't capable of knocking out the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium or even Croatia.  

Others knocked the big teams out and we still failed to reach the final. We won't get anywhere in the Euros in 2 years time. Mark my words.

We played 2 decent teams and lost both. Nothing to see here. Southgate is not a master tactician. Sterling is still a sh1te footballer. Henderson is still bang average. Trippier aside, the Spurs contingent Spursed it again. Alli shouldn't have started another game after his first game. Kane playing deep in the quarters and Semi, being utilised solely to knock headers on to Sterling or Rashford was as bad a tactic as having him take corners in the Euros.

#notproudoftheboys

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

Agreed. This team aren't capable of knocking out the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium or even Croatia.  

Others knocked the big teams out and we still failed to reach the final. We won't get anywhere in the Euros in 2 years time. Mark my words.

We played 2 decent teams and lost both. Nothing to see here. Southgate is not a master tactician. Sterling is still a sh1te footballer. Henderson is still bang average. Trippier aside, the Spurs contingent Spursed it again. Alli shouldn't have started another game after his first game. Kane playing deep in the quarters and Semi, being utilised solely to knock headers on to Sterling or Rashford was as bad a tactic as having him take corners in the Euros.

#notproudoftheboys

Yes indeed to all of that Ham.