• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

World Cup 2018

9 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Kane was poor tonight, off the pace.

I also though RLC might have done a job for us instead of either Alli or Lingard in the 2nd half or ET.

Out of the group stages we rarely created a chance in open play the attacking players of HK, RS, JL, DL just never really connected in front of goal, like they were strangers.

Absolutely.

26 minutes ago, Ham said:

Agreed. This team aren't capable of knocking out the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium or even Croatia.  

Others knocked the big teams out and we still failed to reach the final. We won't get anywhere in the Euros in 2 years time. Mark my words.

We played 2 decent teams and lost both. Nothing to see here. Southgate is not a master tactician. Sterling is still a sh1te footballer. Henderson is still bang average. Trippier aside, the Spurs contingent Spursed it again. Alli shouldn't have started another game after his first game. Kane playing deep in the quarters and Semi, being utilised solely to knock headers on to Sterling or Rashford was as bad a tactic as having him take corners in the Euros.

#notproudoftheboys

I would agree with this. 

This England side has one star and quite a few young and able players. But we are 1-2 real top players away from being a world class side. IN midfield we sorely lack someone that can control the game and it would be nice to have a better striker than Sterling. 

I also don't like the formation that Southgate has played (352) and would have preferred a 433;

---------------------Pickford

Trippier - Stones -  Maguire - Rose

-------------- Dier ------- Henderson

---------------------- Alli

- Lingard ----- Kane ----- Sterling 

Only losers play 3-5-2

JaneB   

Well done to Gareth Southgate, Steve Holland and England for getting as far as they did but please spare me all the tears, heartbreak and talk of open top bus parades.  And thank goodness there won't be anymore of Mrs. Vardy and her entourage.  Of course she dragged four kids and the nanny out there to support her husband (who hardly played) at vast expense.  Nothing whatsoever to do with more self-publicity.  Can't bear clingy 'wags' who wouldn't look twice at some of their partners if they weren't multi million pound footballers.

(Sorry, in a grumpy mood because RF got knocked out of Wimbledon yesterday).  

44 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well done to Gareth Southgate, Steve Holland and England for getting as far as they did but please spare me all the tears, heartbreak and talk of open top bus parades.  And thank goodness there won't be anymore of Mrs. Vardy and her entourage.  Of course she dragged four kids and the nanny out there to support her husband (who hardly played) at vast expense.  Nothing whatsoever to do with more self-publicity.  Can't bear clingy 'wags' who wouldn't look twice at some of their partners if they weren't multi million pound footballers.

(Sorry, in a grumpy mood because RF got knocked out of Wimbledon yesterday).  

Well never mind, he's won enough and I had a nice little interest in Mr Anderson yesterday in fact.

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I would agree with this. 

This England side has one star and quite a few young and able players. But we are 1-2 real top players away from being a world class side. IN midfield we sorely lack someone that can control the game and it would be nice to have a better striker than Sterling. 

No, we're much further away than that. All, Henderson, Lingard, Sterling all contributed little or nothing in the entire tournament.

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well never mind, he's won enough and I had a nice little interest in Mr Anderson yesterday in fact.

Well congrats on that but RF is my all time sporting hero and he's never won enough as far as I'm concerned.  Could watch him forever and a day.  Perfect role model who transcends sport.

2 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

No, we're much further away than that. All, Henderson, Lingard, Sterling all contributed little or nothing in the entire tournament.

Yeah think you are being way, way too harsh. These are still young lads. Harry Kane is only 24 for example. This teams' moments would be Euros 2020 and World Cup 2022. 

Whatever they did in Russia was always going to be a bonus. I'm proud of the boys! 

For all the talk of "coming home", it seems football prefers to stay in the EU

• Haha 1

I still can't see how Ryan Bertrand doesn't get in the squad in front of Rose and Young .