• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

World Cup 2018

JaneB   
54 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I still can't see how Ryan Bertrand doesn't get in the squad in front of Rose and Young .

Doesn't play for Man U or more importantly Spurs?

52 minutes ago, JaneB said:

You cynic you! Don't think Roger would approve of that!

JaneB   
8 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

You cynic you! Don't think Roger would approve of that!

I'm sure Roger ❤️ realises that as you get older you tend to get more cynical Pete. Not a bad thing, helps you to not always take things - or people - at face value 🤔

Jasonb   

A thing about Harry Kane, I recall a stat that he is poor in August or at least does not score. He was born on 28th July in the Astro sign of Leo.

Leo runs to late August.

Leo's are normally good performers yet with Harry Kane that appears to not be the case in August. Now if this form also extends to July he might not be the best leader for England.

I know about astrology as I have had a lot of health issues without a correct diagnosis so investigated a lot of thing including astrology. When I found out my rising and moon signs and where the planets were a lot of things started to fall into place 

Southgate did ok, unlike the media he seemed to keep the players level headed.

I thought he could have made better use of substitutes yesterday yet also thought Lovren was lucky to stay on the pitch. He should have picked up at least two, possibly three cards. 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

A thing about Harry Kane, I recall a stat that he is poor in August or at least does not score. He was born on 28th July in the Astro sign of Leo.

Leo runs to late August.

Leo's are normally good performers yet with Harry Kane that appears to not be the case in August. Now if this form also extends to July he might not be the best leader for England.

I know about astrology as I have had a lot of health issues without a correct diagnosis so investigated a lot of thing including astrology. When I found out my rising and moon signs and where the planets were a lot of things started to fall into place 

I thought he could have made better use of substitutes yesterday yet also thought Lovren was lucky to stay on the pitch. He should have picked up at least two, possibly three cards. 

...or, he plays for a club team that has never won anything. We half filled our England team with Spurs players who can't hold their nerve to win an FA cup and then expect them to hold their nerve to win the the World Cup. Can anyone remember how the Spurs players performed in the Euros 2 years ago....I'll remind you ...they were extra shite. There's a reason why Modric left Spurs. It's because he wanted to become a world class player and win things, and away from Spurs that's what happened . He is now dripping in medals and may now soon have the biggest one of all.

Edited by NoblyBobly

As far as I can figure things out, it was a good tournament for England. I don't buy into the "It was an easy route." You play what's in front of you. Nobody is going to question the winners in a few years time by saying "Ah, yes, but who did they play?". The name is put on the trophy and that's all that counts. The 'Bigger' teams lost simply because they were not good enough.

Plus and it's a big plus, I hope that with our success in the other age groups, we have something to build on in the coming years. 

Anyway, cricket is on and so is the Tour de France.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Leo runs to late August.

Do you actually believe that or is this a wind-up?

3 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Do you actually believe that or is this a wind-up?

Some people believe the earth to be flat, some that unicorns and fairies exist. Others believe in deities, and some think how the stars align has a bearing on one's life. Delusions come in many forms.

2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Some people believe the earth to be flat, some that unicorns and fairies exist. Others believe in deities, and some think how the stars align has a bearing on one's life. Delusions come in many forms.

Yep, some people might even believe that Boris Johnson never tells a lie too I s'pose.

6 hours ago, JaneB said:

To be fair there is one very good reason why so many Spurs players are a part of the England set-up, which is that they do have a large number of English qualified players in their PL team and squad. We don't and neither do City or Arsenal I think.