• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

World Cup 2018

Recommended Posts

JaneB   
54 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I still can't see how Ryan Bertrand doesn't get in the squad in front of Rose and Young .

Doesn't play for Man U or more importantly Spurs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Doesn't play for Man U or more importantly Spurs?

You cynic you! Don't think Roger would approve of that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
8 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

You cynic you! Don't think Roger would approve of that!

I'm sure Roger ❤️ realises that as you get older you tend to get more cynical Pete. Not a bad thing, helps you to not always take things - or people - at face value 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   

A thing about Harry Kane, I recall a stat that he is poor in August or at least does not score. He was born on 28th July in the Astro sign of Leo.

Leo runs to late August.

Leo's are normally good performers yet with Harry Kane that appears to not be the case in August. Now if this form also extends to July he might not be the best leader for England.

I know about astrology as I have had a lot of health issues without a correct diagnosis so investigated a lot of thing including astrology. When I found out my rising and moon signs and where the planets were a lot of things started to fall into place 

 

Southgate did ok, unlike the media he seemed to keep the players level headed.

I thought he could have made better use of substitutes yesterday yet also thought Lovren was lucky to stay on the pitch. He should have picked up at least two, possibly three cards. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

A thing about Harry Kane, I recall a stat that he is poor in August or at least does not score. He was born on 28th July in the Astro sign of Leo.

Leo runs to late August.

Leo's are normally good performers yet with Harry Kane that appears to not be the case in August. Now if this form also extends to July he might not be the best leader for England.

I know about astrology as I have had a lot of health issues without a correct diagnosis so investigated a lot of thing including astrology. When I found out my rising and moon signs and where the planets were a lot of things started to fall into place 

 

Southgate did ok, unlike the media he seemed to keep the players level headed.

I thought he could have made better use of substitutes yesterday yet also thought Lovren was lucky to stay on the pitch. He should have picked up at least two, possibly three cards. 

...or, he plays for a club team that has never won anything. We half filled our England team with Spurs players who can't hold their nerve to win an FA cup and then expect them to hold their nerve to win the the World Cup. Can anyone remember how the Spurs players performed in the Euros 2 years ago....I'll remind you ...they were extra shite. There's a reason why Modric left Spurs. It's because he wanted to become a world class player and win things, and away from Spurs that's what happened . He is now dripping in medals and may now soon have the biggest one of all.
 

 

 

Edited by NoblyBobly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can figure things out, it was a good tournament for England. I don't buy into the "It was an easy route." You play what's in front of you. Nobody is going to question the winners in a few years time by saying "Ah, yes, but who did they play?". The name is put on the trophy and that's all that counts. The 'Bigger' teams lost simply because they were not good enough.

Plus and it's a big plus, I hope that with our success in the other age groups, we have something to build on in the coming years. 

Anyway, cricket is on and so is the Tour de France.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jasonb said:

A thing about Harry Kane, I recall a stat that he is poor in August or at least does not score. He was born on 28th July in the Astro sign of Leo.

Leo runs to late August.

Leo's are normally good performers yet with Harry Kane that appears to not be the case in August. Now if this form also extends to July he might not be the best leader for England.

I know about astrology as I have had a lot of health issues without a correct diagnosis so investigated a lot of thing including astrology. When I found out my rising and moon signs and where the planets were a lot of things started to fall into place 

 

Southgate did ok, unlike the media he seemed to keep the players level headed.

I thought he could have made better use of substitutes yesterday yet also thought Lovren was lucky to stay on the pitch. He should have picked up at least two, possibly three cards. 

Do you actually believe that or is this a wind-up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Do you actually believe that or is this a wind-up?

Some people believe the earth to be flat, some that unicorns and fairies exist. Others believe in deities, and some think how the stars align has a bearing on one's life. Delusions come in many forms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Some people believe the earth to be flat, some that unicorns and fairies exist. Others believe in deities, and some think how the stars align has a bearing on one's life. Delusions come in many forms.

Yep, some people might even believe that Boris Johnson never tells a lie too I s'pose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JaneB said:

Doesn't play for Man U or more importantly Spurs?

To be fair there is one very good reason why so many Spurs players are a part of the England set-up, which is that they do have a large number of English qualified players in their PL team and squad. We don't and neither do City or Arsenal I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now